- 1 hr ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 18 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 19 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 21 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- News Protests in Myanmar after UN urges action
- Lifestyle Divyanka Tripathi’s Cool And Stylish Braid Hairstyle Will Spruce Up Your Boring Ponytail
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah tying the knots with Anupama Parameshwaran? Here's what south actor's mother said
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Bigg Boss 14 Grand Finale Replaces Kundali Bhagya On The Chart
- Education XLRI Sets Up A Centre For Gender Equality And Inclusive Leadership At Delhi-NCR Campus
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Skoda Auto India has confirmed that the all new Skoda Karoq will launch in India during April 2020, and we could expect the car to be unveiled at the upcoming Delhi Auto Expo 2019. Confirmation of the launch came from Mr Zac Hollis, the Director of Sales, Service, and Marketing at Skoda Auto India, via Twitter.
The all new Skoda Karoq will initially be available as a (CBU) Completely Built Unit, and Mr Hollis confirmed that the vehicle will be available only with a petrol engine at the time of launch.
The upcoming Skoda Karoq SUV sports the same muscular stand and design that is synonymous with most of the company's offerings. The SUV is expected to be loaded with features that include a large touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a dual-zone climate control, leather upholstered seats with all black, and beige/ black cabin options.
Mr Hollis did not reveal what powertrain options will be available with the upcoming Skoda Karoq. However, we think the SUV is likely to be offered with 1.0-litre TSI petrol unit that produces 113bhp of power and 175Nm of torque, and possibly a 1.5-litre TSI petrol unit that produces 148bhp of power and 250Nm of torque.
While the company has not completely written off diesel engines, there really is no concrete information if the Skoda Karoq will feature a diesel engine in the future. This of course, would depend on market trends and feedback.
The Skoda Karoq is based on the company's MQB platform, and once launched, will compete with the MG Hector, the Jeep Compass, and the Hyundai Tucson.
In related news, Skoda is set to unveil the all new Octavia RS 245 at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020. There will be only 200 units sold in India and bookings for the Skoda Octavia RS 245 will begin at the Delhi Auto Expo next year.
Thoughts About The Skoda Karoq Launching In April 2020
Skoda is working hard to regain all their lost glory in the Indian markets. They seem to have a plan in place and we hope that it works out. The Karoq itself looks like any other SUV in its segment, but we expect the company to load it with features to make it stand out from competition.