- 46 min ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 2 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- 2 hrs ago Honda Activa 125 BS6 Models Recalled: Company To Replace Cooling Fan Cover And Oil Gauge
- News Man vs Wild with 'Thailva' teaser out! Full episode featuring Rajinikanth with Bear Grylls on Mar 23
- Movies Surprise Celebrations For Bhumi Pednekar On The Sets Of Durgavati! Pic Inside
- Finance You Will Soon Be Able To Buy Mutual Funds Directly From Exchanges
- Technology Lenovo Legion Gaming Phone Teased; Tipped To Pack Super Fast Charging
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020: India hold nerve to beat New Zealand, enter semifinals
- Lifestyle Taapsee Pannu And Other Divas Flaunt Stylish Outfits At The Thappad Screening Event
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Skoda Auto India has confirmed that the all new Skoda Karoq will launch in India during April 2020, and we could expect the car to be unveiled at the upcoming Delhi Auto Expo 2019. Confirmation of the launch came from Mr Zac Hollis, the Director of Sales, Service, and Marketing at Skoda Auto India, via Twitter.
The all new Skoda Karoq will initially be available as a (CBU) Completely Built Unit, and Mr Hollis confirmed that the vehicle will be available only with a petrol engine at the time of launch.
The upcoming Skoda Karoq SUV sports the same muscular stand and design that is synonymous with most of the company's offerings. The SUV is expected to be loaded with features that include a large touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a dual-zone climate control, leather upholstered seats with all black, and beige/ black cabin options.
Mr Hollis did not reveal what powertrain options will be available with the upcoming Skoda Karoq. However, we think the SUV is likely to be offered with 1.0-litre TSI petrol unit that produces 113bhp of power and 175Nm of torque, and possibly a 1.5-litre TSI petrol unit that produces 148bhp of power and 250Nm of torque.
While the company has not completely written off diesel engines, there really is no concrete information if the Skoda Karoq will feature a diesel engine in the future. This of course, would depend on market trends and feedback.
The Skoda Karoq is based on the company's MQB platform, and once launched, will compete with the MG Hector, the Jeep Compass, and the Hyundai Tucson.
In related news, Skoda is set to unveil the all new Octavia RS 245 at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020. There will be only 200 units sold in India and bookings for the Skoda Octavia RS 245 will begin at the Delhi Auto Expo next year.
Thoughts About The Skoda Karoq Launching In April 2020
Skoda is working hard to regain all their lost glory in the Indian markets. They seem to have a plan in place and we hope that it works out. The Karoq itself looks like any other SUV in its segment, but we expect the company to load it with features to make it stand out from competition.