- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Skoda has revealed the launch schedule for its Karoq and Kamiq SUV in India. Skoda Karoq will be launched by first half of 2020 followed up with Kamiq by mid-2021. This will be part of Skoda India 2.0 project.
Skoda Auto India's Director - Sales, Service & Marketing, Zac Hollis, responded to a tweet confirming the launch details for both the SUV. We initially expected the Karoq to arrive in the second half of 2020 after getting showcased at Auto Expo next year.
Skoda Karoq will be from a MQB-A0 platform sharing design from the elder Skoda Kodiaq. Skoda Kamiq will be a mid-size SUV as confirmed from the tweet. Skoda currently working with its India 2.0 project, we can see many vehicles getting added to the line-up with new strategies from Skoda.
The Skoda Karoq will be a premium SUV offering from Skoda. We expect the Karoq to be positioned below their flagship SUV Skoda Kodiaq. The engine options might include a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel unit. A 1.6-litre diesel engine mated to a DSG gearbox could also be offered as an option. The Skoda Karoq will go against the likes of Jeep Compass when launched next year.
The Skoda Kamiq will be a compact SUV that will also be based on the MQB-A0 platform. The Kamiq will share its underpinnings with other vehicles from the Volkswagen family. The compact SUV will be a feature-rich alternative in this segment. The Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and Hyundai Creta will be the other competitors for Kamiq.
Fun fact, if you ever wonder the reason Skoda names its SUVs starting with K, then these are names derived from the language spoken by people of Canada and Greenland.
Skoda aims to sell one lakh vehicles per year with India 2.0 project from 2025 in India. Earlier, Zac Hollis stated the India 2.0 project from Skoda also plans to localise the production apart from expanding the portfolio. The launch of Karoq and Kamiq will further help the project realize its goal.
Thoughts About Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV Launch Schedule For India
Glad to see Skoda being active on social media by revealing important launch details. The Skoda Karoq and the Kamiq will be a great addition to the already competitive segment. With Skoda's India 2.0 project we expect to see the company releasing more models in the coming years.