- 12 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs CSK: Skipper Dhoni hails Chennai’s tremendous experience for opening day win against Mumbai
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Set Work Of The Mohanlal Starrer Is Progressing!
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Skoda has revealed the launch schedule for its Karoq and Kamiq SUV in India. Skoda Karoq will be launched by first half of 2020 followed up with Kamiq by mid-2021. This will be part of Skoda India 2.0 project.
Skoda Auto India's Director - Sales, Service & Marketing, Zac Hollis, responded to a tweet confirming the launch details for both the SUV. We initially expected the Karoq to arrive in the second half of 2020 after getting showcased at Auto Expo next year.
Skoda Karoq will be from a MQB-A0 platform sharing design from the elder Skoda Kodiaq. Skoda Kamiq will be a mid-size SUV as confirmed from the tweet. Skoda currently working with its India 2.0 project, we can see many vehicles getting added to the line-up with new strategies from Skoda.
The Skoda Karoq will be a premium SUV offering from Skoda. We expect the Karoq to be positioned below their flagship SUV Skoda Kodiaq. The engine options might include a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel unit. A 1.6-litre diesel engine mated to a DSG gearbox could also be offered as an option. The Skoda Karoq will go against the likes of Jeep Compass when launched next year.
The Skoda Kamiq will be a compact SUV that will also be based on the MQB-A0 platform. The Kamiq will share its underpinnings with other vehicles from the Volkswagen family. The compact SUV will be a feature-rich alternative in this segment. The Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and Hyundai Creta will be the other competitors for Kamiq.
Fun fact, if you ever wonder the reason Skoda names its SUVs starting with K, then these are names derived from the language spoken by people of Canada and Greenland.
Skoda aims to sell one lakh vehicles per year with India 2.0 project from 2025 in India. Earlier, Zac Hollis stated the India 2.0 project from Skoda also plans to localise the production apart from expanding the portfolio. The launch of Karoq and Kamiq will further help the project realize its goal.
Thoughts About Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV Launch Schedule For India
Glad to see Skoda being active on social media by revealing important launch details. The Skoda Karoq and the Kamiq will be a great addition to the already competitive segment. With Skoda's India 2.0 project we expect to see the company releasing more models in the coming years.