- News India-Japan key pillars of stable, secure Indo-Pacific region: PM says in op-ed in Japanese newspaper
- Sports SRH vs PBKS IPL 2022: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights, Score
- Movies Thuramukham Trailer Is Out: Nivin Pauly-Rajeev Ravi Film To Release On June 3
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk Of Tongue Cancer
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Maharashtra based polyester films manufacturer, Garware Polyester Private Limited, has developed and unveiled (PPF) Paint Protection Films for automobile applications. The company says they will start mass production in May 2020.
The Paint Protection Film is manufactured using a formulated Thermoplastic Polyurethane films. According to the company the protection film will offer high level impact resistance. Garware also says these are self-healing paint protection films.
Mr S Krishnan, Director — Sales, Garware Polyester Pvt. Ltd. said, "The latest version of Paint Protection Film provides high-gloss finish and an impact protection for maximum durability protecting vehicles from abrasions, bird droppings, door dings, and scratches, thus making it the most advanced vehicle paint protection film on the market".
A spokesperson for Garware Polyester Pvt. Ltd. said said that the company is gearing up to launch their PPF range of products in the international markets as well. Their target countries are the United States, Russia, South Africa, and regions in the Middle East.
The paint protection industry is a Rs 3,500 crore business, globally. The markets are currently dominated by companies like 3M and Lumar. As is, a majority of paint protection films are imported from China.
Garware's in-house developed paint protection film for cars is expected to bring an addition Rs 300 crore to the company over the next two years. The company expects most revenue from exports of the protection films.
Garware has a global presence in the 'window films' game. Over 95% of the company's revenue comes in from exports. The company's 'Global' window films brand is the third largest selling in the United States. The company's total revenue stands at Rs 950 crore.
The company also plans to enter other screen protection services, and plan to launch screen protection films for smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other applications.
Thoughts About Garware's Self-Healing Paint Protection Film
While the idea is great, we're not entirely sure any product can protect paint from scratches. It can delay the process at best. We have no information about the life-cycle of Garware's product. Stay tuned, we'll bring me more information as soon as we test the product.