- 3 min ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 1 hr ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- News Fake: NSA Doval has written no such letter on the Indo-China standoff
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Jennifer Winget: Her Top Five Western Fashion Looks That Wowed Us
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Technology BSNL Offering Four 4 Months Free Services To Its Broadband Customers: How To Avail
- Movies Rishi Kapoor's One Month Death Anniversary: Neetu Kapoor Pens Heartfelt Poem; Riddhima Pays Tribute
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Renault had released an official teaser video for it's soon-to-be launched sub-4 meter SUV, the Renault Triber. Renault has also schedule the Triber for a July launch in India.
According to Rushlane, the Triber has been built as a low-cost Multi Purpose Vehicle, and its target markets are said to be developing vehicle markets like India. The Renault Triber is built on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that is featured on the Renault Kwid.
The Renault Triber will feature a 1.0-litre three-cylinder Smart Control effiency (SCe) petrol engine that will produce 74bhp of power. This engine is also featured in the Renault Kwid, however, power output on the Kwid stands at 67bhp. The engine will be mated to 5-speed manual transmission. A 5-speed automatic is expected by mid 2020.
The interiors of the Renault Triber will feature a touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a passive keyless entry system, automatic climate control and an engine start-stop button.
Another highlight of the Triber is that third row of seats will be removable, meaning expandable boot space, depending on requirements. This is a unique and first in segment feature. No other manufacturer offers this level of customization.
The Triber will feature projector headlamps and LED DRLs on the top-end trims.
The Renault Triber is expected to be positioned between the Kwid and Duster in Renault's line-up. Renault must hope that this new product will help boost sales in an already lean market where Renault has been performing under-par.
Once launched, the Triber will be a one-of-its-kind value proposition in the Indian market. The closest competition, if any, will be from the Datsun Go Plus, and the Maruti WagonR 7 seater, which is schedule for a June 2019 launch. The Triber is expected to be priced between Rs 4.5 and Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Renault Triber
The Renault Triber looks quite boxy and we cannot tell much from the video or the spy images. We guess we have to wait for the vehicle to be officially revealed (but spy images will pop up before an official release for sure) to tell more about how the vehicle will look. The launch is almost around the corner, so expect to see and read more about this MPV from Renault.