- 10 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 10 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 10 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 11 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Renault had released an official teaser video for it's soon-to-be launched sub-4 meter SUV, the Renault Triber. Renault has also schedule the Triber for a July launch in India.
According to Rushlane, the Triber has been built as a low-cost Multi Purpose Vehicle, and its target markets are said to be developing vehicle markets like India. The Renault Triber is built on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that is featured on the Renault Kwid.
The Renault Triber will feature a 1.0-litre three-cylinder Smart Control effiency (SCe) petrol engine that will produce 74bhp of power. This engine is also featured in the Renault Kwid, however, power output on the Kwid stands at 67bhp. The engine will be mated to 5-speed manual transmission. A 5-speed automatic is expected by mid 2020.
The interiors of the Renault Triber will feature a touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a passive keyless entry system, automatic climate control and an engine start-stop button.
Another highlight of the Triber is that third row of seats will be removable, meaning expandable boot space, depending on requirements. This is a unique and first in segment feature. No other manufacturer offers this level of customization.
The Triber will feature projector headlamps and LED DRLs on the top-end trims.
The Renault Triber is expected to be positioned between the Kwid and Duster in Renault's line-up. Renault must hope that this new product will help boost sales in an already lean market where Renault has been performing under-par.
Once launched, the Triber will be a one-of-its-kind value proposition in the Indian market. The closest competition, if any, will be from the Datsun Go Plus, and the Maruti WagonR 7 seater, which is schedule for a June 2019 launch. The Triber is expected to be priced between Rs 4.5 and Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Renault Triber
The Renault Triber looks quite boxy and we cannot tell much from the video or the spy images. We guess we have to wait for the vehicle to be officially revealed (but spy images will pop up before an official release for sure) to tell more about how the vehicle will look. The launch is almost around the corner, so expect to see and read more about this MPV from Renault.