- 12 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 12 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 12 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 13 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Movies Happy Birthday Prabhas; The Actor Whose Pan-Indian Superstardom Will Have Greater Longevity!
- News Direct link to check UP D.EI.ED 2nd semester result 2019
- Technology Motorola One Hyper To Launch With 64MP Camera And A Pop-Up Selfie Camera
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
French automaker, Renault is working on a facelift revision of the Kwid hatchback. The interiors of the upcoming model has been caught on camera. The spy images from Gaadiwaadi reveal that the upcoming model will feature a new infotainment unit and much more.
We expect the Renault to launch the Kwid facelift model this year. However, the new model will not likely feature a BS-VI compliant engine, that will be added by early next year.
The spy images reveal that the upcoming model of the Kwid will feature an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system which supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, borrowed from the Renault Triber. It also features orange accents surrounding the air-con vents and the gear knob.
Other changes to the interiors spotted were, the black piano finish inserts on the steering wheel and a fully-digital instrument cluster. Overall, the interior of the upcoming Kwid facelift model is revised to give the cabin a more pleasant and upmarket feel.
The Kwid facelift is said to be based on the globally launched Kwid KZE electric car. The Kwid facelift will borrow the headlamp design from the KZE, which is placed lower down the bumpers. The (DRLs) Daytime Running Lights and turn-indicator cluster will be flanked on either side of the grille. The taillights will be revised with a new C-shaped LED unit.
The new Kwid facelift will carry over the same engine and transmission options from the outgoing model. Power outputs will remain the same, with the 800cc engine producing 54bhp of power and 72Nm of torque. While the bigger capacity 1.0-litre engine produces 68bhp of power and 91Nm of torque. Both the engines comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and an AMT option with the 1.0-litre engine.
The upcoming Kwid will be much safer with the revisions made to the manufacturing process of the hatchback. It will feature a rigid structure to comply with the new crash test norms, which are effective from October 2019.
The Renault Kwid facelift when launched in India, will rival the likes of the Datsun redi-GO, and the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, another upcoming tall-riding hatchback due for launch next month — here are more details.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors
Kwid has been seen as the entry-level hatchback with basic features and lesser creatures comforts. However, Renault is all set to change that with an upmarket cabin feel. These changes to the facelift model would boost the sales for Renault and would be ready to take on Maruti with the launch of S-Presso hatchback.