- 12 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In May 2020: Auto Industry Witnesses Major Reshuffling Post Lockdown
- 12 hrs ago Honda City & Amaze Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits In June 2020
- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 14 hrs ago MG Hector Plus Spied Testing In India Ahead Of India Launch Soon: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance International Air Travel Once Situation Normalizes: Civil Aviation Minister
- News 'Grieved and shocked': Ratan Tata shares moving post on pregnant elephant killed in Kerala
- Movies Paatal Lok Producer Anushka Sharma Says She Has Always Chased Unique Stories
- Sports Muhammad Ali: The night 'The Greatest' shuffled towards perfection
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Get Rs. 7, 536 Crore Investment Soon: Report
- Lifestyle What Are The Potential Warning Signs of Stomach Cancer?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Renault India has sold more than 3,00,000 Kwid hatchbacks. Sales of the Renault Kwid have gone past the 3 lakh units mark and it is a big milestone for Renault. It would be fair to call the Renault Kwid a game-changer in the entry-level hatchback segment.
The Renault Kwid came with a few features that were a segment-first, the touchscreen infotainment system being an example. The hatchback was first launched in 2015 and has since then remained basically the same with just a few minor updates.
Renault even launched a 1.0-litre engine in the Kwid and that offered greater performance and more value-for-money. Though Renault didn't really upgrade the Kwid yet, it is the value-for-money factor that kept buyers flocking in to buy the Renault Kwid.
The Renault Kwid currently retails at a starting price of Rs 2.67 lakh and go up to Rs 4.63 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). At this price, the Renault Kwid offers a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The system also comes with speed-dependent volume that increases and decreases the volume with the increase and decrease in speed to compensate for the increase and decrease in noise.
The Renault Kwid is powered by two petrol engine options. The standard variants are powered by a 799cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine with a maximum power output of 53.3bhp and a peak torque output of 72Nm. Transmission duties are handled by a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The Renaut Kwid is also available with a 999cc, 3-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 67bhp and a peak torque output of 91Nm. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard while top-spec variants with this engine come mated to a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
In terms of safety too, the Renault Kwid has done very well for the segment it is in. The Renault Kwid is equipped with a driver's airbag, ABS, speed warning, driver & front passenger seatbelt warning, etc.
The government has mandated that all new cars manufactured after 01 July, 2019 will have to be equipped with these safety features but the Renault Kwid is ahead on this one.
Thoughts On Renault Kwid Crossing 3-Lakh-Units Sales Milestone
Renault is expected to launch a facelift of the Kwid later this year and that is expected to further boost sales for Renault India. The brand is also set to launch the 2020 Renault Duster facelift to revive the falling sales of the SUV in India.
The 2020 Renault Duster was spotted testing without any camouflage for the first time. Things seem to look great for Renault India in the near future.