- Lifestyle Hina Khan Or Kangana Ranaut Or Sophie Choudry: Whose Airport Outfit Would You Like To Try?
- Movies Thalapathy 63: A Major Update About The Vijay Movie To Come At 6 PM!
- Technology Honor 20 First Impressions: Should You Invest Rs. 33,000 On This Honor Smartphone?
- Finance IndiaMart IPO To Open On 24 June
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Rashid Khan scores ‘century' against England: Here are 5 most expensive bowlers in WC
- News PM Modi hails Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla as 'reservoir of knowledge'
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Renault India has sold more than 3,00,000 Kwid hatchbacks. Sales of the Renault Kwid have gone past the 3 lakh units mark and it is a big milestone for Renault. It would be fair to call the Renault Kwid a game-changer in the entry-level hatchback segment.
The Renault Kwid came with a few features that were a segment-first, the touchscreen infotainment system being an example. The hatchback was first launched in 2015 and has since then remained basically the same with just a few minor updates.
Renault even launched a 1.0-litre engine in the Kwid and that offered greater performance and more value-for-money. Though Renault didn't really upgrade the Kwid yet, it is the value-for-money factor that kept buyers flocking in to buy the Renault Kwid.
The Renault Kwid currently retails at a starting price of Rs 2.67 lakh and go up to Rs 4.63 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). At this price, the Renault Kwid offers a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The system also comes with speed-dependent volume that increases and decreases the volume with the increase and decrease in speed to compensate for the increase and decrease in noise.
The Renault Kwid is powered by two petrol engine options. The standard variants are powered by a 799cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine with a maximum power output of 53.3bhp and a peak torque output of 72Nm. Transmission duties are handled by a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The Renaut Kwid is also available with a 999cc, 3-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 67bhp and a peak torque output of 91Nm. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard while top-spec variants with this engine come mated to a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
In terms of safety too, the Renault Kwid has done very well for the segment it is in. The Renault Kwid is equipped with a driver's airbag, ABS, speed warning, driver & front passenger seatbelt warning, etc.
The government has mandated that all new cars manufactured after 01 July, 2019 will have to be equipped with these safety features but the Renault Kwid is ahead on this one.
Thoughts On Renault Kwid Crossing 3-Lakh-Units Sales Milestone
Renault is expected to launch a facelift of the Kwid later this year and that is expected to further boost sales for Renault India. The brand is also set to launch the 2020 Renault Duster facelift to revive the falling sales of the SUV in India.
The 2020 Renault Duster was spotted testing without any camouflage for the first time. Things seem to look great for Renault India in the near future.