- 10 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 11 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 13 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- Technology Dell G3 3590 Gaming Laptop Review: Affordable Gaming Gets Better
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Renault India is set to launch a new compact SUV in 2020. A report by Livemint has shed light on Renault's plans for the next few years in the Indian market, and these plans include the launch of a new MPV and a compact SUV.
Renault India currently has just four products on sale in India and the new CEO & MD for Renault India seems all set to change that. The Compact SUV segment is expected to grow by leaps and bounds within the next couple of years and almost all manufacturers are bringing out their best to take the competition head-on.
Renault India already has the Duster in the compact SUV segment, and the Duster has been fairly successful in the Indian market. In-fact, it was the Duster that helped Renault set its foot firmly in the Indian market.
However, the Duster is reasonably old now, and Renault is aware that the segment is set to grow exponentially. Hence, it makes sense for Renault to launch an all-new compact SUV in India.
The upcoming compact SUV has been codenamed HBC and the SUV will be based on the same platform as the Renault Kwid. The Renault Kwid is based on the versatile CMF-A platform and this platform is expected to underpin quite a few Renault products including the upcoming Renault Triber MPV.
More details of the Renault HBC compact SUV have not been revealed, but we do have a few details of the Renault Triber, which is the second product that renault is looking forward to launch within 2020.
The Renault Triber will feature ABS with EBD, dual-airbags, seatbelt reminder, reverse parking sensors, high speed alert, etc as standard safety equipment. The MPV's design is very similar to its step-sibling - the Datsun Go+.
However, it will be positioned higher than the Datsun Go+ as it will come with premium features. The Renault Triber is expected to be launched in 2019 and the Renault HBC compact SUV is expected to be launched in 2020.
Details about the upcoming Renault vehicles were divulged by Renault's new CEO & MD Venkatram Mamillapalle who took charge in March 2019.
He was quoted as saying, ""As part of our product-offensive plan, our investments in new products to be launched in 2019 and 2020 will create new segments, which will set the platform for doubling our sales volume to 150,000 units annually in the medium term and achieve break-even as per our mid-term plan."
This statement makes Renault's plans for the next couple of years very clear.
Thoughts On Renault HBC Compact SUV Set For 2020 Launch
Renault revealing plans for the HBC compact SUV just confirms the growth that is set to take place in the SUV segment of the Indian market. However, what makes it interesting is that Renault India's CEO said it would create a new segment. Interesting.