- 13 min ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 30 min ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 45 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 54 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Movies Election Result 2019: Rajinikanth, Riteish Deshmukh & Others CONGRATULATE PM Narendra Modi
- Technology Honor 20 vs other smartphones with 48MP rear camera
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- News Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors is at a much better position right now than they have ever been. Its cars feel premium and most of its cars are selling well. The Tata Tiago, Tigor and Nexon are the best-selling Tata models right now and all three models are due for a mid-life facelift soon.
Now though, reports state that Tata Motors is already working on the new-generation models of the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon. The next-generation of all three brands will be based on the new ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) platform.
The ALFA Platform is Tata Motors' latest architecture and it is upon this platform that the upcoming Tata Altroz is built. The Tata Altroz is a premium hatchback that is expected to be launched soon. It started off as the Tata 45X concept at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo and the final production model recently made its global debut at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show.
According to Tata, the ALFA architecture has the ability to evolve into a range of modern, youthful and agile vehicles in a short development cycle. So what Tata Motors basically did with that statement was, hint at several models being based on the ALFA platform.
Tata Motors' manufacturing plant at Sanand, Gujarat will produce the Altroz premium hatchback and hence will also become the base for production of the ALFA-based models in the future.
Thoughts On Next-Gen Tata Products Based On ALFA Platform
Tata Motors is on a product offensive and would indirectly result in the development of new platforms. The recently launched Tata Harrier, for example is based on the OMEGA platform and Large vehicles from Tata in the future including the upcoming Buzzard would be built on the same platform.
The ALFA platform is the latest addition, and would underpin all small-to-medium sized Tata vehicles.