- 34 min ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Interiors Spotted Ahead Of Unveil On August 15: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Prices For The New CBR1000RR-R Fireblade And Fireblade SP Will Leave You Surprised
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet SUV Review (First Look): Can It Replicate The Success Of its Larger Sibling In India?
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Monthly Subscription Plans Introduced: Here Are All Details
- Sports COVID-19: Chirag-Satwik to wait for 2 weeks before deciding on attending camp in Hyderabad
- Movies Sushant Singh Rajput Was Murdered Using Pet Dog's Belt, Claims His Ex-Assistant With Justification
- News Kerala Landslide: PM Modi expresses grief at loss of lives, announces Rs 2 Lakh compensation
- Lifestyle National Handloom Day 2020: Kangana Ranaut’s Handloom Sarees Are Worth-Investing In
- Technology Amazon Prime Day 2020 Sale Special Offers On Smartphones
- Finance RBI To Offer Offline Payments Via Cards, Wallets, Mobiles: Here's How It Works
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki will launch the next-generation model of the Celerio hatchback in India next year Media reports have said that the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio will be launched in India during the second half of 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been among the best-selling cars lists for a while, but we all know that the hatchback is a little too old and the added pressure from competition has drastically brought down the sales of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. We first saw the Maruti Suzuki Celerio when it was launched in 2014.
It immediately became a hit with the masses thanks to its affordability, reliability and a pleasant design. However, competition soon evolved and the Celerio got left behind. The Celerio brand got a shot in its arms when Maruti Suzuki launched the Celerio facelift in 2017.
Thanks to the design changes and the feature additions, the Celerio soldiered on. A facelift wouldn't last long when the competition is going all-out and that is exactly what happened. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio is an old design, based on an old platform and it shows.
Hence, Maruti Suzuki has taken the decision to give it a new lease of life by launching the next-gen model codenamed YNC. A report by the Economic Times has confirmed that Maruti Suzuki will be launching the YNC within 12-18 months from now.
With the next-gen Celerio, Maruti Suzuki will be focusing on the safety aspect. It will come with features like dual airbags, seatbelt warning, speed limit warning and ABS as standard fitment. Higher models will come with more safety features.
It is not just safety but also efficiency and environment friendliness that will make up the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio. The current-gen model is powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine with a maximum power output of 67bhp and a peak torque output of 90Nm. Buyers can choose between a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
This current configuration is BS-IV emissions norms compliant, but the upcoming next-gen model will obviously be BS-VI compliant.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki To Launch Next-Gen Celerio In 2020
The automotive industry is becoming more competitive with every passing day. As other manufacturers are doing their best to dethrone Maruti Suzuki from the spot of the largest automotive manufacturer in India, Maruti Suzuki is doing its best to stay up and above the rear. The company will be launching the S-Presso in October this year and the next-gen Celerio is also now on the way.