- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 13 hrs ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 15 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- News 7th Pay Commission latest news: DA hike a reality, not a pay increase
- Technology You Can Buy These Smartphones With Premium Features Under Rs. 25,000
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Maruti Suzuki will launch the next-generation model of the Celerio hatchback in India next year Media reports have said that the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio will be launched in India during the second half of 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been among the best-selling cars lists for a while, but we all know that the hatchback is a little too old and the added pressure from competition has drastically brought down the sales of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. We first saw the Maruti Suzuki Celerio when it was launched in 2014.
It immediately became a hit with the masses thanks to its affordability, reliability and a pleasant design. However, competition soon evolved and the Celerio got left behind. The Celerio brand got a shot in its arms when Maruti Suzuki launched the Celerio facelift in 2017.
Thanks to the design changes and the feature additions, the Celerio soldiered on. A facelift wouldn't last long when the competition is going all-out and that is exactly what happened. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio is an old design, based on an old platform and it shows.
Hence, Maruti Suzuki has taken the decision to give it a new lease of life by launching the next-gen model codenamed YNC. A report by the Economic Times has confirmed that Maruti Suzuki will be launching the YNC within 12-18 months from now.
With the next-gen Celerio, Maruti Suzuki will be focusing on the safety aspect. It will come with features like dual airbags, seatbelt warning, speed limit warning and ABS as standard fitment. Higher models will come with more safety features.
It is not just safety but also efficiency and environment friendliness that will make up the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio. The current-gen model is powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine with a maximum power output of 67bhp and a peak torque output of 90Nm. Buyers can choose between a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
This current configuration is BS-IV emissions norms compliant, but the upcoming next-gen model will obviously be BS-VI compliant.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki To Launch Next-Gen Celerio In 2020
The automotive industry is becoming more competitive with every passing day. As other manufacturers are doing their best to dethrone Maruti Suzuki from the spot of the largest automotive manufacturer in India, Maruti Suzuki is doing its best to stay up and above the rear. The company will be launching the S-Presso in October this year and the next-gen Celerio is also now on the way.