- 11 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In May 2020: Auto Industry Witnesses Major Reshuffling Post Lockdown
- 11 hrs ago Honda City & Amaze Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits In June 2020
- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 12 hrs ago MG Hector Plus Spied Testing In India Ahead Of India Launch Soon: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Bajaj Finance Shares Rally 40% In 5 Days: Is There Further Upside Seen?
- News 'Grieved and shocked': Ratan Tata shares moving post on pregnant elephant killed in Kerala
- Movies Paatal Lok Producer Anushka Sharma Says She Has Always Chased Unique Stories
- Sports Muhammad Ali: The night 'The Greatest' shuffled towards perfection
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Get Rs. 7, 536 Crore Investment Soon: Report
- Lifestyle What Are The Potential Warning Signs of Stomach Cancer?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The 2020 Honda city has been spotted testing for the very first time. The 2020 Honda City will be the seventh-gen model for the global market and the fifth-gen model for the Indian market. The current-gen model was launched in 2014 and has sold in the lakhs all across the globe.
The City can easily be called Honda's mainstay model. It plays an important role for the Japanese automotive giant in terms of sales figures. In many International markets, the City is Honda's best-selling car and in India, it is the second-best selling car from Honda.
This is despite the fact that the current-gen model is five years old. Honda however, has had the next-gen model under development for a long time now and it is that very model that has been spotted testing by DriveMaster.
The test mule was spotted wearing heavy camouflage thereby hiding the minute details. However, an overall outline of the car's design is clearly visible. As expected, the next-gen Honda City will feature styling that is in-line with the latest Honda family design. The sedan appears to be wider and longer than it currently is.
Up front, it features sweptback headlamps, a wide grille and the thick chrome strip seen on most Honda cars today. When viewed from the side profile, the Honda City displays its new matte black alloy wheels.
At the rear is a shark-fin antenna, a bootlid with a small spoiler and new LED tail lamps with unique design elements. Honda will launch the next-gen City in the Indian market with the same petrol and diesel engines currently on offer.
These engines however will be upgraded to meet BS-VI emissions norms. Honda will also offer a mild-hybrid variant of the city in the Indian market for the environment conscious souls. The Honda City will go against the Toyota Corolla Altis, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Hyundai Verna when launched.
Thoughts On 2020 Honda City Spotted Testing
The Honda City currently on sale has been around for five years without any generational updates, yet it remains competitive. It looks great, rides brilliantly and gets top-shelf equipment. Now, with the new one coming in, Honda will become much more competitive and hopefully sell well too.