- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Toyota India has launched a new cheaper variant of the Glanza hatchback in the market. The new Toyota Glanza 'G' variant with the manual transmission is now available without the smart hybrid technology. This new variant of the Toyota Glanza 'G' trim is offered with a starting price of Rs 6.97 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Toyota Glanza is offered with two trim levels: G and V. Both trims of the Glanza hatchback is offered with the same 1.2-litre petrol engine with the choice of either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
The G MT variant of the Toyota Glanza was further offered with a smart hybrid system. This variant was priced at Rs 7.21 lakh. Toyota is now offering the same variant, without the smart hybrid system, allowing them to price the new variant lower by around Rs 24,000.
Apart from the absence of the Smart Hybrid technology on the G MT variant, no other changes have been made. The new Toyota Glanza variant is offered with the same features and equipment as the standard variant.
This includes a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, MID display, reverse parking sensors, tilt & telescopic steering wheel, automatic climate control, follow-me-home headlamps and a host of others.
The Toyota Glanza is essentially a re-badged Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Glanza is the first product to be launched in India, from the combined partnership between Toyota-Suzuki in India. T
he agreement between the two companies will also be working on other products for the Indian market, while also developing new EV technologies as well.
The Toyota Glanza, although a re-badged version of the Baleno, has been selling well in the Indian market. It is one of the best-selling premium hatchbacks in the market, even overtaking the likes of the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza New Base Variant
The Toyota Glanza is now available for a much cheaper starting price. The new Glanza variant is equivalent to the Zeta trim of the Baleno from Maruti Suzuki. The company recently announced a price hike on the rest of the variants of the Toyota Glanza last week, which makes the new variant that much more attractive.