- 1 hr ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 4 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Toyota India has launched their 2019 Camry Hybrid in the Indian market. The new 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid is priced at an introductory amount of Rs 36.95 Lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the 2019 Camry has begun, with deliveries starting soon.
The new 2019 Toyota Camry hybrid is based on the TNGA platform (Toyota New Global Architecture) and comes with larger overall dimensions than the outgoing generation model. The platform is lighter than on the previous model while also improving torsional rigidity by 30 per cent.
The new Camry Hybrid offers better cabin space, reduced NVH levels and better ride quality. The TNGA platform is same as on the Lexus ES 300h premium sedan — read our review here.
In terms of design, the new Camry comes with a V-shaped grille with the 'Toyota' badge at its centre, it also comes with sleek LED headlamp units with LED DRL and a prominent grille below the Toyota badging with large horizontal-slats.
The rear of the sedan also comes with LED unit for the tail lights, which are connected by a single chrome strip running along the length of the boot. The 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid rides on 18-inch alloy wheels, which also have been updated.
The updates further extend to the interiors as well, with the Toyota Camry offering a number of new features and an extended equipment list. The new Camry model comes with a dual-tone cabin, 8.0-inch central infotainment system supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, instrument cluster with central MID, 10-inch heads-up display, cruise control, steering-mounted controls, keyless push-button start/stop and others.
The new Camry will also get premium leather seats, three-zone automatic climate control, sunroof and a rear central armrest with a capacitive touchscreen.
In terms of safety, the new 2019 Toyota Camry will come standard with safety features such as nine airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assists, park assists, vehicle stability control and Traction control; to name a few.
Toyota has provided the new Camry in a single-engine variant; a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine mated to an electric motor. The engine alone produces 176bhp and 221Nm of torque. The electric motor produces an additional 88Kw, which brings the combined power output to 208bhp. The power unit is further mated to a six-speed CVT transmission as standard.
The new Toyota Camry Hybrid is available in India, with a range of seven colour options — Red Mica, Phantom Brown, Burning Black, Attitude Black, Pearl White, Silver and Graphite
Thoughts On The 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid India
The new Toyota Camry Hybrid 2019 was first globally showcased at the Paris Motor Show last year. The new model is in its eighth generation and rivals the likes of the Skoda Superb, Volkswagen Passat and the Honda Accord Hybrid in the Indian premium sedan segment.