- 2 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 3 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 5 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- News Govt in denial: Sitharaman's husband slams Centre over economic slowdown
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Movies When Jaya Bachchan Teased Amitabh Bachchan By Calling Him Her 'Third Child'
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Tata Motors has announced a new EV technology in India, called 'Ziptron'. The new Tata Ziptron technology is said to underpin all future electric cars from the brand in the future.
Tata Motors also confirmed that they will launch a brand-new electric car in the Indian market sometime in Q4 of 2020. The new Tata electric car will debut the brand's new 'Ziptron' EV technology.
Talking about the new Tata Ziptron EV technology, Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors stated:
"We are proud to present this state-of-art technology brand - ZIPTRON, which has been designed in-house while utilizing our global engineering network. At the heart of our future EV line-up, this technology will deliver a thrilling driving experience to our customers aspiring to go-green. Rigorously tested across 1 million km, ZIPTRON technology is well-proven, advanced and reliable. With this technology, we hope to usher in a new wave of eMobility in India and accelerate faster adoption of EVs, supporting the Government's vision."
The Ziptron is an EV powertrain technology which will provide all future electric cars from Tata Motors with an efficient high voltage system, long battery range, fast-charging capabilities and zippy driving performance. The new powertrain is also said to be offered with an 8-year warranty on the batteries while adhering to IP67 standard.
The Ziptron technology is said to come with an efficient permanent magnet AC motor. This is said to offer superior performance at all times, while also offering industry-leading dust and waterproof battery systems. The new EV technology will also offer all new tata electric cars with regenerative braking; charging the batteries on the go.
In order to spread more awareness, Tata Motors also introduced the Ziptron Freedom 2.0 campaign. This highlights how future electric cars will break many barriers, including range anxiety as well.
Coming back to Tata Motors' electric cars, the company currently offers the Tigor EV in the Indian market. Although the Tata Tigor EV is currently available for just fleet operators and other government institutions.
The company is also working on an electric version of their popular Nexon compact-SUV. The Tata Nexon EV is expected to go on sale sometime next year and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV and the upcoming MG eZS and the Mahindra e-XUV300 in the country's EV segment.
Thoughts On The New Tata Electric Car In India With The Ziptron Technology
Tata is working towards introducing electric vehicles in the Indian market. The company is already testing the Nexon EV in the country, slated to launch in India soon. Other models also include the EVision concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and the electric version of their upcoming Altroz hatchback.