- 12 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift BS6 Model To Be Unveiled At Auto Expo
- 14 hrs ago New TVS Electric Scooter Launch Highlights: Brand's First Electric Scooter To Rival The Ather 450
- 15 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai Tucson Facelift BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 14 Box Office: Collections Slow Down As Week 2 Comes To An End
- News Padma Awards 2020: Here's full list of winners
- Technology Best Budget PopUp Camera Smartphones In India
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Lifestyle Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Skoda has revealed the new Rapid with Interior and exterior changes globally. The new 2020 version of the sedan is expected to launch in India by 2021 and will be based on the Volkswagen's MQB-A0-IN platform localized for Indian market.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid features a whole host of changes. The front of the sedan has been revised with the new hexagonal grille with new trapezoidal shaped headlamp cluster design. The rear gets new tail-lamps cluster design as well.
The front and rear bumpers are redesigned with more aggressive line look sharper than the current version of the sedan. Other design changes on the exteriors of the car include has a black lip spoiler, black ORVMs, black alloy wheels and a new set of fog lamps.
The Interiors of the new Rapid comes with an all-new dashboard design and feature new components. This includes an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit. The car has a new three-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel and a fully-digital instrument cluster. A 2-spoke steering wheel is also available as an option.
The new Skoda Rapid in Russia, is launched with several engine options. The 1.6-liter petrol engine will be available in two states of tune with lower spec producing 88.7 bhp and higher spec producing 108.4 bhp. A powerful 1.4 TSI with 123.2bhp is also offered. The transmission options include a five-speed or a six-speed manual gearbox and a seven-speed DSG, depending on the engine.
The current gen Skoda Rapid in India is offered with a 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 104bhp and 153Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 109bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard with an optional automatic gearbox.
In other news, recently Skoda confirmed six new cars for the Indian market. A new mid-size SUV and a sedan is likely to be spawned using the all new MQB A0 IN platform. The upcoming Skoda's SUV will draw inspiration from the Kamiq, and VW's SUV from the T-Cross. Also, the upcoming sedan is expected to be the first SUV based on the company's India 2.0 Project.
Thoughts About The 2020 Skoda Rapid Revealed
The new Skoda Rapid gets beefier and striking with the all-new design. The sedan gets updated interiors to make for a premium cabin feel. The Rapid has been one of the brand's successful models in India. With the new changes on the facelift version, the sedan is expected to carry the momentum with sales figures.