- 9 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 9 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- Technology Best smartphones with fingerprint sensor available under Rs. 5,000
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- News Delhi weather: Dry weather likely in capital, Heat to ramp up next week
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Renault has been working on introducing a brand new MPV in the Indian market, for quite a while now. The new Renault MPV, codenamed 'RBC' has been spotted testing on multiple occasions, ahead of its launch.
Now, a new spy video has been surfaced online by Rushlane, showcasing the new Renault MPV testing on the Indian streets. The spy video gives a glimpse of what the overall design and shape would be like. The MPV is highly camouflaged, without revealing any major designs or features on the upcoming model.
However, we can expect the new Renault MPV to offer certain features such as LED headlights, pronounced wheel arches, a front fascia similar to most global Renault offerings, spacious interiors, seat-belt reminder, high-speed alert system, multiple airbags and ABS with EBD.
In terms of engine specification, the upcoming Renault MPV will be offered in both petrol and diesel offerings. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel engine offering. The 1.2-litre unit would be borrowed from the Datsun GO+ while the 1.5-litre diesel will be sourced from the Duster SUV.
Also, with the upcoming safety norms coming into effect from April 2019, it is safe to say, that the new MPV will be compliant with all the new stringent norms, as well as the latest crash test regulations of October 2019.
The new Renault MPV will be based on the company's CMF-A platform, the same one which underpins the current generation Kwid hatchback. The new MPV will be a sub-4 metre offering and placed below the Renault Lodgy offering in the MPV space.
The new MPV will be a low-cost offering, benefitting from its sub-4 metre length. It will be priced aggressively to attract more customers. The Lodgy MPV from Renault failed to create a buzz in the market, currently selling just 50 units per month.
Thoughts On The New Renault MPV India
Renault has been testing out the new MPV in the Indian market for quite a while now. The company is yet to announce a date or even a timeline for the launch of their new MPV in India. Once launched in the market, Renault will price it aggressively at around Rs 6 - 7 lakh, ex-showroom, which will rival the likes of the new Maruti Ertiga.