- 3 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 4 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 5 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- News India's Astrosat completes 5 years of mapping stars, galaxies in space
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Sports French Open 2020: Serena Williams sees off Ahn again in slam opener
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan's Show Premieres With A Few Tweaks & A Strong Message!
- Finance Muthoot Fincorp NCD Opens For Subscription; Offers Upto 9.6% Returns
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Shows Us How To Pull Off Semi-Formal And Fashionable Look In The Sassiest Way
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
French automaker, Renault is all set to launch the facelift version of their Kwid hatchback in India. The upcoming Renault Kwid facelift model has been caught spied testing by us, days ahead of its launch in India on the 1st October 2019.
The new Kwid facelift has been spied multiple times in India. The new spy video reveal three heavily camouflaged test mules testing on the Indian roads. Although not much was revealed about the exteriors of the car we do get a glimpse of the all-new interiors.
The all-new design of the Kwid facelift model draws design inspiration from the K-ZE electric hatchback available in the international markets. The front-end of the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift features a split headlamps unit, keeping in line with the current trend for headlamp design. The LED DRLs are placed next to the front grille and the main headlamps placed lower down on the bumper.
The rear tail lamps have been revised with a new C-Shaped LED unit as seen on the K-ZE model. Other exterior bits like the all-round cladding, protecting skid plates at both ends, and roof rail design have been carried over from the current model.
On the interiors, the 2019 Renault Kwid features a host of upgrades over the current-generation model. The list includes a fully-digital instrument cluster unit and a new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay & Android Auto and a steering borrowed from the Triber MPV.
New Renault Kwid facelift models will remain unchanged mechanically. The engine featured on the new-gen models will be the same units, as seen on the current models. The current-gen Kwid is offered with two petrol engines: an 800cc unit producing 54hp of power and 72Nm of torque, and a bigger capacity 1.0-litre engine churning out 68hp of power and 91Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard. However, the higher-spec 1.0-litre engine will be offered an optional 5-speed AMT automatic transmission unit.
The upcoming Kwid facelift models will become safer by featuring improved crash and pedestrian protection. It will undergo slight changes in manufacturing to accommodate the changes, which are mandated according to the new crash protection norms.
Renault Kwid has been the brand's best-seller, and has successfully challenged the other rivals in the entry-level hatchback segment. However, the new facelift model of the Renault Kwid will rival against the brand-new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso,the new model which will go on sale from the September 30th.
Thoughts About The New Renault Kwid Facelift Spied
The new Renault Kwid facelift has been on sale for a long time in the market and is in need of an overhaul to boost the sales. However, the new revised interiors on the Kwid facelift model will enhance the experience of travelling with a pleasant cabin feel.
The mid-life update for the Kwid could not have come at a better time with the ongoing festive season in India. Renault aims to end this year with registering good numbers by launching the Kwid facelift model.