- 5 hrs ago Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Kia Seltos Variants Explained: Which Is The Best Model To Buy?
- 10 hrs ago Kia Seltos Gets A Custom Twitter Icon On Launch Day: Seltos Launched At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- Sports No point shortlisting Jonty Rhodes if he isn't first choice, MSK Prasad makes it clear
- Movies Satte Pe Satta Remake: Anushka Sharma Replaces Deepika Padukone In This Hrithik Roshan Starrer?
- News Modi in France: PM calls on President Macron, welcomed warmly by Indian community
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
With the introduction of the facelift version, sales of the new Renault Duster has increased by 61 per cent in the month of July 2019. The new Renault Duster sales in the month of July 2019 stood at 943 units; an improvement from the 534 units during the same month last year.
The increase in sales is mainly due to the introduction of added features, revised styling and the updated equipment list on the SUV. The new Renault Duster brings in a number of modern touches to its design and feature list.
The facelift version now offers a revised exterior design with an updated front grille with chrome-studded inserts, updated headlamps cluster with projector lights and integrated LED DRLs, larger bumper with a central air intake, fog lamps and skid plates surrounded by silver accents.
The side profile remains similar to the old model, however, it does come with newly designed alloy wheels, flared wheel arches and black-cladding all around; adding to the rugged looks of the SUV. The rear profile has also been updated with new LED taillights and revised styling for the tailgate.
Renault has also updated the Duster SUV to comply with all the safety norms in the country. This includes the mandatory addition of safety features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, seat-belt reminders, high-speed warning, ISOFIX child seat mounts and reverse parking sensors.
The new Renault Duster facelift also meets the upcoming crash test regulations, with a re-inforced platform, bonnet and bumpers for pedestrian safety.
Inside, the new Renault Duster also comes with a refreshed dashboard, which offers a more premium and upmarket feel. It also features a brand new touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard.
Powering the new Renault Duster facelift are the same set of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The 1,498cc four-cylinder petrol unit produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque. It is mated to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed CVT automatic gearbox.
The 1.5-litre DCi diesel engine, on the other hand, is available in two state-of-tunes. The first produces 84bhp and 200Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The higher tuned version churns out 109bhp and 245Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Thoughts On The New Renault Duster Facelift Sales
The Renault Duster was initially launched quite a while back in the Indian market and received instant success. However, over the years the SUV sales dropped due to rise of stiff competition in the SUV segment, with no signs of updates on the Duster. The 2019 Renault Duster facelift continues to rival the likes of the Nissan Kicks, Hyundai Creta and the Tata Harrier in the mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market.