- 1 hr ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 4000: Prices Now Starting At Rs 1.14 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- 17 hrs ago Delhi Odd Even Scheme: To Be Extended If Needed Says Arvind Kejriwal
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Mobility Foundation Partners With WRI For New Mobility Solution In India
- Movies Naagin 4: After Nia Sharma, Ekta Kapoor Welcomes Jasmin Bhasin As Second Naagin; More Details
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Look Traditional Perfect On Their First Anniversary
- Sports DSport to broadcast I League matches
- Technology Infinix S5 Lite To Be Unveiled On November 15 In India: Expected Price And Specifications
- News Sabarimala: Justice Indu Malhotra who recorded dissent in 2018, today delivered majority verdict
- Finance You Can Now Give An Address Other Than That On Your Aadhaar For Bank KYC
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Renault is said to be preparing for the unveil of its all-new sub-4 metre compact SUV for the Indian market. According to carandbike, the new Renault compact-SUV will have its world premiere at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, scheduled to be held in February.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The new Renault compact-SUV codenamed the HBC will be unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo, before going on sale in the Indian market during the later part of the year. The new compact-SUV will be the third new model from the French brand after the Triber and the Kwid facelift in India.
The compact-SUV which will be unveiled at the Auto Expo will be near-production ready. It will be launched in mid-2020 and rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300.
The new sub-4 metre SUV from Renault is an attempt from the brand to improve volume sales in the Indian market. The company is looking to increase volumes and generate the same level of success as the recently launched Triber MPV in the country.
The new Renault compact-SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform; a derivative of the CMF-A platform which underpins the Triber and the Kwid models. Apart from the underpinnings, the new HBC compact-SUV will also share a number of components, parts and features from the two above-mentioned models as well.
In terms of design, the new Renault HBC compact-SUV will feature a styling similar to that of the new Duster SUV. This includes flared wheel arches, high ground clearance, chrome-studded large front grille and sleek headlamp and taillight units with LED elements, along with LED DRLs as well.
Interiors on the upcoming Renault HBC compact-SUV will also be similar to the Duster and Triber models. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls, climate control, premium fabric upholstery and a host of other creature comfort equipment and safety features as well.
In terms of engine options, the new Renault HBC compact-SUV will feature the same 1.0-litre petrol engine, which first debuted on the Triber MPV. However, higher-spec variants of the new HBC SUV will also get a more powerful turbocharged version of the same engine.
The 1.0-litre petrol engine will be BS-VI compliant on the HBC, which will soon feature on the Triber MPV as well. The engine will come mated to the same 5-speed manual and automatic transmission options as on the Triber MPV.
Thoughts On The New Renault Compact-SUV (HBC) For India
Renault seems to have changed its strategy for the Indian market. With the likes of the entry-level Triber and Kwid selling better, Renault is now working on increasing volume sales by introducing yet another sub-4 metre offering in the country. The new Renault HBC SUV will be offered with competitive pricing to take on its rivals in the segment.