- 28 min ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- News Analyse each COVID-19 death says MP CM
- Technology Google Sodar Tool Uses Augmented Reality To Remind Users To Maintain Social Distance
- Movies KV Anand Quashes Rumours Of Teaming Up With Suriya For Ayan Sequel!
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- Lifestyle Dhumavati Jayanti 2020: Vrat Katha For This Festival
- Finance SEBI Extends Power Of Attorney Ruling Implementation Timeline To August 1
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a new seven-seater MPV based on the Wagon R hatchback for the Indian market. The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in June.
According to reports from carandbike, the new seven-seater Wagon R will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships. However, Maruti Suzuki is said to still finalise the decision for the seven-seater Wagon R.
Maruti wants to offer the new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV as a premium offering, loaded with all the features and equipment. This is one of the reasons, they have selected Nexa, instead of their Arena showrooms.
However, the decision for the launch of the seven-seater version of the Wagon R is still to be made. According to reports, the sales of the new Maruti Wagon R has reduced compared to its previous generation models, as the hatchback is now placed slightly higher due to the new (HEARTECT) platform.
Unlike the previous generation models, the new Wagon R doesn't bring in the same level of volume sales for the company. However, Maruti Suzuki feels that the sales of the new Wagon R could be complimented by the introduction of the seven-seater MPV variant.
Once launched in the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki could also offer the sub-four-metre MPV with a new nameplate. Ahead of the launch of the new Maruti Wagon R, there were rumours of the new Wagon R-based MPV being named 'Solio'.
The new Wagon R seven-seater MPV will likely carry forward the same 1.2-litre petrol engine powering the hatchback. This 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol unit produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional AGS transmission.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Seven-Seater MPV
The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV will be offered as a premium MPV offering, which will differentiate it from the Ertiga. Once launched in India, it will take on other sub-four-metre MPVs in the segment such as the Datsun GO+ and the upcoming Renault Triber MPV. There is yet no information regarding the pricing of the upcoming Wagon R seven-seater MPV.