- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 5 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 6 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- Technology Jabra launched Elite 85h headphones in India: Price, specification & more
- News Lok Sabha election: Counting of votes today; Nation awaits result with bated breath
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has launched their new Wagon R (2019) in the Indian market. The new Maruti Wagon R has a starting price of Rs 4.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Wagon R comes with a completely refreshed design, both on the exterior and interiors.
Bookings for the new Wagon R has already commenced a week ahead of the launch, for an amount of Rs 11,000. Maruti Suzuki stated that they have already received over 12,000 bookings within a week. Deliveries of the new Maruti Wagon R 2019 will begin soon.
The Maruti Wagon R is available in three basic trims and seven variants - LXi 1.0L, VXi 1.0L, VXi AGS 1.0L, VXi 1.2L, VXi AGS 1.2L, ZXi 1.2L and ZXi AGS 1.2L. The prices for the base variant starts at 4.19 lakh while the top-spec is priced at Rs 5.69 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Wagon R 2019 comes powered by two petrol engine options: 1.0-litre three-cylinder and 1.2-litre four-cylinder units. The smaller 1.2-litre engine churns out 67bhp and 90Nm of torque while the bigger 1.2-litre unit produces 90bhp and 113Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The mid and top-spec variants, further get Maruti's AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission. Maruti claims excellent fuel efficiency figures for both engines. The 1.0-litre claims to return 22.5km/l while the 1.2-litre engine claims to return 21.5km/l.
All variants of the new 2019 Wagon R are available in a range of six vibrant colours - Magna Grey, Superior White, Silky Silver, Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown and Poolside Blue.
Let's now look into each variant in details, to check their prices and features available:
New Maruti Wagon R LXi 1.0L (Rs 4.19 Lakh)
- Dual-Tone Interiors
- Driver-Side Sunvisor
- Low-Fuel Warning
- Distance To Empty (Fuel Range)
- Gear-Shift Indicator
- Front Power Windows
- Driver Airbag
- ABS with EBD
- Seatbelt Reminder
- High-Speed Alert
- Central Locking
- Roof Antenna
The LXi 1.0-Litre is the base variant model of the new Wagon R hatchback. The variant comes standard with the 1.0-litre engine and also misses out on the AGS system. The Maruti Wagon R LXi is priced at Rs 4.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
New Maruti Wagon R VXi 1.0L & 1.2L (Rs 4.69 Lakh - Rs 5.36 Lakh)
- Tilt Steering
- 60:40 Split Seats For The 2nd Row
- Silver Inside Door Handles
- Silver Finish Gear Shift Knob (AGS Only)
- Day/Night IRVM
- Gear Position Indicator
- Rear Parcel Tray
- Two Speakers
- USB Connectivity
- Speed Sensitive auto Door Lock
- Security Alarm
- Electrically-Adjustable ORVM
- Body-Coloured Door Handles, Bumpers & ORVMs
These features are in addition to those available on the base-spec variant. The new Maruti Wagon R (2019) VXi variant comes with both, the 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre engine offerings. Both engines further come with the choice between either a manual or automatic (AGS) gearbox. The 1.0-litre variants of the VXi are priced at Rs 4.69 lakh and Rs 5.16 lakh for the manual and automatic, respectively.
On the other hand, the 1.2-litre VXi variants are priced at Rs 4.89 lakh for the manual version and Rs 5.36 lakh for the automatic version. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
New Maruti Wagon R ZXi 1.2L (Rs 5.22 Lakh - 5.69 Lakh)
- 60:40 Rear Split Seats
- Silver Finish Gear Shift Knob
- Rear Defogger
- Co-Driver side Front Seat Undertray
- 7.0-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System (with Apple CarPlay And Android Auto)
- Steering-Mounted Audio & Voice Controls
- Driver & Passenger Airbags
- Front Fog Lamps
- ORVMs With Integrated Turn Signals
- Electrically Retractable ORVM
- B-Pillar Black-Out Tape
- Rear Wiper & Washer
The top-spec ZXi trim of the new Maruti Wagon R is available only with the bigger 1.2-litre petrol engine, mated to either a manual or the AGS gearbox. The manual version is priced at Rs 5.22 lakh while the AGS version comes with a price tag of Rs 5.69 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
New Maruti Wagon R (2019) Price List:
|Variants ||Price |
|LXI 1.0 Litre ||Rs 4,19,000 |
|VXI 1.0 Litre ||Rs 4,69,000 |
|VXI 1.2 Litre ||Rs 4,89,000 |
|VXI AMT 1.0 Litre ||Rs 5,16,000 |
|ZXI 1.2 Litre ||Rs 5,22,000 |
|VXI AMT 1.2 Litre ||Rs 5,36,000 |
|ZXI AMT 1.2 Litre ||Rs 5,69,000 |
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)
Thoughts On The New Maruti Wagon R Variants
The Maruti Wagon R hatchback has been on sale in the Indian market since 1999. The tall boy hatchback has gone through multiple facelifts and updates. The new Wagon R is the third generation iteration of the tall boy hatchback.
We recommend the top-spec ZXi 1.2L AGS variant of the new Maruti Wagon R (2019) as it comes packed with a number of features, along with the more powerful engine option. This mated to the automatic gearbox, should make for a fun-to-drive hatchback for all conditions.