- 8 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 9 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has launched their new Wagon R hatchback in the Indian market. The new Maruti Wagon R 2019 has a starting price of Rs 4.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Bookings for the new Wagon R has already commenced ahead of the launch for an amount of Rs 11,000, with deliveries starting soon.
Here is the variant-wise pricing for the new Maruti Wagon R 2019:
|Variants ||Price |
|LXI 1.0 Litre ||Rs 4,19,000 |
|VXI 1.0 Litre ||Rs 4,69,000 |
|VXI 1.2 Litre ||Rs 4,89,000 |
|VXI AMT 1.0 Litre ||Rs 5,16,000 |
|ZXI 1.2 Litre ||Rs 5,22,000 |
|VXI AMT 1.2 Litre ||Rs 5,36,000 |
|ZXI AMT 1.2 Litre ||Rs 5,69,000 |
Maruti already showcased the new exterior and interior design updates on the Wagon R in a number of teaser videos. The new Wagon R 2019 is now larger than the previous generation model and is based on the brand's HEARTECT platform, which also underpins the Swift, Ignis and the new Ertiga.
The new Maruti Wagon R measures 3,655mm in length, 1,620mm in width, 1,675mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,435mm (35mm more than the previous model).
In terms of design, the new Maruti Wagon R comes with an updated sweptback headlamp unit, refreshed grille design with a chrome strip running through its centre, new bumper with a central air dam flanked on either side by updated fog lamps.
The side profile of the new Wagon R maintains the popular tall boy design. The hatchback rides on 14-inch wheels, floating roof design and turn indicators integrated on the ORVMs. The rear of the car features vertically stacked taillights, an updated rear bumper and a thick chrome strip above the number plate housing with 'Wagon R' name embossed.
Inside, the new Wagon R 2019 comes offers a dual-tone dashboard, central 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, manual AC controls, electrically-adjustable ORVMs, audio-control on the steering wheel, all four power windows and a large analogue speedometer.
Safety features on the new Wagon R include ABS with EBD, dual airbags, seat-belt reminder, high-speed alert system and reverse parking sensors; to name a few.
The new Maruti Wagon R will be available in three trims - LXi, VXi and ZXi. All three trims will be powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine producing 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The higher trims (VXi and ZXi) will further get the more powerful 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine, which also powers the Ignis and the Swift. The 1.2-litre unit produces 90bhp and 113Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox while the 1.2-litre unit also comes with Maruti's AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission as an option.
The new Maruti Wagon R 2019 is available in a range of six colour options across all variants — Superior White, Silky Silver, Magma Grey, Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown and Poolside Blue.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Wagon R 2019 India Launch
The new Maruti Wagon R has been one of the most-awaited hatchbacks in the Indian market for quite a while. Priced competitively in the Indian market, the new Wagon R 2019 will compete against the likes of the recently launched Hyundai Santro, Renault Kwid and the Tata Tiago.