- 1 hr ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now.
- 4 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Border picks Kohli, Morgan, Finch as three skippers to watch out for in WC
- News Jaganmohan Reddy to meet Modi tomorrow
- Movies Salman Khan's Hilarious Reply When Katrina Kaif Asked Him Why He Doesn't Follow Her On Instagram!
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
In an interview with Autocar India, Kenichi Ayukawa, MD & CEO, Maruti Suzuki, confirmed the news regarding the company working on a bigger SUV, stating, "We are studying that type of vehicle, a big-size SUV. We are discussing here and in Japan to see whether we can develop it."
The new Maruti SUV will be based loosely on the next-generation Vitara Brezza. However, the new SUV will be larger (over 4.3 metres) and will feature a similar upright, muscular and boxy design.
The new Maruti SUV is expected to come with two engine options - a new 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine and the newly developed 1.5-litre diesel engine, which as reported earlier is expected to debut on the Ciaz sedan.
Although the exact specifications of the new 1.2-litre turbo petrol are yet to be revealed, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is said to churn out 94bhp and 225Nm of peak torque. Both engines will be compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
Currently, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza comes only with the diesel engine option - 1.3-litre four-cyliner unit churning out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine further comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AGS transmission.
Although not much information is known about the upcoming Maruti SUV. It is yet to be seen whether Maruti will introduce a seven-seater version of their new SUV as well. This is considering, Hyundai planning a seven-seater version of the Creta rival expected to launch sometime in 2020.
Currently, Maruti Suzuki is concentrating on the launch of their new WagonR hatchback, which is expected to launch soon. The new WagonR has already been spotted undisguised, along with its brochure which has been leaked. The leaked brochure has revealed the variants, features and specification of the upcoming new WagonR.
Thoughts On The New Maruti SUV
The new Maruti SUV is currently in planning stages, with the brand still considering the possibility of its launch in the Indian market. If launched, the car will be introduced only in mid-2020 and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta.