- 11 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 11 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 14 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News 17 ministers to be sworn into BSY led Karnataka govt: Full list here
- Technology OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro To Launch On September 26th In India
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki has confirmed the launch of a new premium MPV offering in the Indian market. The new premium Maruti MPV will be based on the Ertiga and will be available exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealerships.
According to Overdrive, the new premium Ertiga-based MPV will go on sale in India on the 21st of August. The premium MPV will be based on the same Heartect platform which underpins not only the Ertiga, but also the Swift, Baleno and the Dzire offerings from the brand.
The new premium Maruti Suzuki MPV is expected to be a six-seater offering, with individual captain seats in the second row. It will come with a more plush and upmarket cabin, including a premium dash layout along with a host of additional features and safety equipment as well.
In terms of design, the new Maruti MPV might be similar to the Ertiga, however, it will come with a more aggressive design. It will be positioned as a completely different model and might even receive a different name altogether. The new MPV has been spied a number of times and will finally go on sale next month.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti MPV is said to receive the 1.5-litre 'K15B-series' petrol engine, which first debuted on the Ciaz. The engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Maruti might also offer a mild-hybrid version of the petrol engine on the new MPV.
The new premium Maruti MPV will be sold in the brand's Nexa dealerships, alongside the likes of the S-Cross, Baleno and the Ignis. Service of the new MPV will also be handled by the premium dealership network as well.
Thoughts On the New Premium Maruti Ertiga-Based MPV
Maruti Suzuki has been witnessing a slump in sales in the Indian market continuously for months now. However, the Maruti Ertiga has been doing performing decently in the MPV segment, taking on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo.
The new premium MPV is expected to improve sales of the brand, as well as that of Nexa. The new premium Maruti MPV once launched will be priced slightly higher than the Ertiga, at around Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.