- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Weather today: Pre-Monsoon rains likely for Bangaloreans for the next three days
- Movies Hina Khan Is Highest Paid Actress In Television? The Actress Has A Witty Answer!
- Sports I was fighting with the spirit of Lauda - Hamilton wins his 'hardest race'
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has already confirmed that they will introduce a brand-new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine for the Indian market. The new bigger diesel engine was confirmed to debut on the Ciaz sedan.
Now, according to Team-BHP, the newly developed diesel engine will soon make its way onto the new Maruti Ertiga MPV. The brand will introduce the 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ertiga soon, offering more power and torque outputs to the recently updated MPV.
According to the reports, all essential documents have already been sent to RTOs to get permits for registration. Deliveries of the Ertiga MPV with the new engines from the factory will begin shortly.
Maruti Suzuki introduced the new Ertiga MPV in the Indian market late last year. Since then, the Ertiga has fared well in the market, creating a good demand due to its fresh styling and a long list of features.
Currently, the new Maruti Ertiga comes with the tried and tested 1.3-litre diesel offering sourced from Fiat. The current engine produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The new diesel engine, on the other hand, will produce 94bhp and 225Nm of torque. The engine once introduced on the new Maruti Ertiga will also be mated to a new six-speed gearbox. The addition of the new engine and transmission will help reduce the overall kerb weight of the MPV. Currently the top-spec diesel variant 'ZDi+' weighs 1,245kg, however, the new engine will bring down this weight to around 1,220kg.
The current 1.3-litre diesel unit has been sourced from Fiat, who are planning on exiting completely from India. The diesel engine will be replaced once the new BS-VI norms come into effect. However, the initial set of 1.5-litre units will still be BS-IV compliant, which means that they will be updated again ahead of the April 2020 deadline.
Thoughts On The New Diesel Engine For The Maruti Ertiga MPV
The new diesel engine from Maruti Suzuki has been developed in-house mainly to comply with the upcoming BS-VI norms. The older 1.3-litre unit had become old, making it expensive to upgrade to the new norms. The new engine which will first debut on the Ciaz will soon be available on the Ertiga as well.