- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue — Top Things To Know About Hyundai’s First Compact-SUV In India
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer SF First Ride Review — Greatness Reborn
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 First Ride Review — It Could Just Save The 250cc Segment In India
- 18 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Technology Why Indian EVMs cannot be hacked: Mythbuster for Elections 2019
- Movies Imran Khan's Mother-in-law REACTS To Reports Of Trouble In His Marriage With Avantika!
- News NDA makes big plans for next five years
- Sports Liverpool in talks with Werder Bremen striker Max Kruse
- Lifestyle 11 Side Effects Of Sleep Deprivation On Your Health
- Finance Jet Airways Soars For Third-Straight Session By Over 8% After Hinduja Buy Buzz
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce a new diesel engine to its lineup. The new 1.5-litre diesel power unit is developed in-house and codenamed 'E15A'.
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine according to Team-BHP is ready for production and will soon debut on the Maruti Ciaz sedan. The new and more powerful engine will also replace the older Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre unit, currently in use on most Maruti products.
According to sources, the new 1.5-litre unit is a 1,498cc four-cylinder DDiS 225 engine. It produces 94bhp at 4,500rpm and 225Nm of torque at 1,500rpm. The new engine will come without the mild-hybrid (SHVS) technology of Maruti initially.
Also, the new diesel engine from Maruti Suzuki is currently BS-IV compliant, which means the engine will receive an update closer to the BS-VI implementation in India. The new engine is also lighter and has a dual-mass flywheel, offering a mileage of around 26.82km/l.
The older 1.3-litre DDiS200 engine currently in use will continue to be on sale along with the new engine until the new emission norms kick in.
Maruti also recently introduced their 1.5-litre K15-Series petrol engine recently. The new petrol engine also debuted with the Ciaz facelift launch and is available on the new Ertiga MPV as well.
The new diesel engine once launched, will slowly make its way onto other product offerings as well. This includes the new Ertiga and the S-Cross.
Currently, Maruti Suzuki is working on the launch of their new WagonR hatchback in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch on the 23rd of January, fresh spy images have been released, showcasing the new WagonR in detail along with all the updates to both its exterior and interior. The new Maruti WagonR once launched will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Datsun GO in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Diesel Engine
The new Maruti diesel engine will debut first on the 2018 Ciaz sedan. The Ciaz is currently available with 1.5-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine offering. The new diesel engine will also make its way onto other Maruti Suzuki products at a later stage of 2019.