- 19 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 21 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 22 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 22 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Veteran Malinga out to prove critics wrong
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- News After poll debacle, Rahul Gandhi comes down heavily on senior leaders
- Movies Here Are 5 Reasons Why Pooja Gandhi's Career In Sandalwood Experienced A Downfall!
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its new Alto hatchback in the Indian market. The new Maruti Alto (2020) is said to be based on the brand's Future-S Concept, showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Ahead of its launch in 2020, the new Maruti Alto has been spied testing in Gurgaon, India. Images from Team-BHP showcase the car in complete disguise, testing on Indian streets. The new Alto hatchback as seen from the spy pics comes with a upright SUV-like stance.
The spy pics of the new Maruti Alto also showcase an large radiator grille, muscular panels, conventional headlamp unit and high ground clearance. The all-new design for the upcoming Alto will help Maruti attract a number of first-time car buyers towards the product. The design will also allow the new 2020 Maruti Alto to offer spacious interiors, especially headroom due to the tall design of the upcoming product.
Inside, the new Maruti Alto will provide a number of features, including the new touchscreen infotainment system seen on the recently launched Maruti Wagon R. It will also come with a number of safety features and equipment, to help it comply with the upcoming safety regulations.
The new Maruti Alto will also come with a reworked body structure, allowing it to clear the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP) and the latest crash test regulations.
Powering the new Maruti Alto is said to be a 1.0-litre petrol engine, which will be BS-VI compliant. Power figures are yet to be announced by the company, however, the engine will come mated to both a manual and automatic transmission unit.
Maruti Suzuki is currently experiencing low sales in the market. The company has stated that the slump in sales will carry forward until the end of the 2019 General Elections in the country, after which it is expected to pick up again — here are more details.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Alto (2020)
Maruti Suzuki Alto is one of the best-selling products in the country. It has been on sale for decades and still manages to top the sales chart month-on-month. With the upcoming safety and emission norms, Maruti will upgrade the Alto, hoping to make it more attractive to potential customers. Once introduced in India, the new Maruti Alto will rival the likes of the Renault Kwid in the market.