- 8 min ago Yamaha YZF-R15 BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 25 min ago Hyundai Creta Base Variants Launched With 1.6-Litre Diesel Engine: Prices Start At Rs 10.87 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 20 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- Technology MIUI 11 Announced In India: These Xiaomi Smartphones Will Get It From October 22
- News Bharat Ratna for man who justified rape: Mufti on Savarkar row
- Finance 4 Clear Reasons To Invest In Gold
- Lifestyle Acoustic Trauma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Movies Nagarjuna To Act In Telugu Remake Of Raid?
- Sports Rumour Has It: Allegri 'very close' to Man United, but Spurs remain interested
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its new Alto hatchback in the Indian market. The new Maruti Alto (2020) is said to be based on the brand's Future-S Concept, showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Ahead of its launch in 2020, the new Maruti Alto has been spied testing in Gurgaon, India. Images from Team-BHP showcase the car in complete disguise, testing on Indian streets. The new Alto hatchback as seen from the spy pics comes with a upright SUV-like stance.
The spy pics of the new Maruti Alto also showcase an large radiator grille, muscular panels, conventional headlamp unit and high ground clearance. The all-new design for the upcoming Alto will help Maruti attract a number of first-time car buyers towards the product. The design will also allow the new 2020 Maruti Alto to offer spacious interiors, especially headroom due to the tall design of the upcoming product.
Inside, the new Maruti Alto will provide a number of features, including the new touchscreen infotainment system seen on the recently launched Maruti Wagon R. It will also come with a number of safety features and equipment, to help it comply with the upcoming safety regulations.
The new Maruti Alto will also come with a reworked body structure, allowing it to clear the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP) and the latest crash test regulations.
Powering the new Maruti Alto is said to be a 1.0-litre petrol engine, which will be BS-VI compliant. Power figures are yet to be announced by the company, however, the engine will come mated to both a manual and automatic transmission unit.
Maruti Suzuki is currently experiencing low sales in the market. The company has stated that the slump in sales will carry forward until the end of the 2019 General Elections in the country, after which it is expected to pick up again — here are more details.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Alto (2020)
Maruti Suzuki Alto is one of the best-selling products in the country. It has been on sale for decades and still manages to top the sales chart month-on-month. With the upcoming safety and emission norms, Maruti will upgrade the Alto, hoping to make it more attractive to potential customers. Once introduced in India, the new Maruti Alto will rival the likes of the Renault Kwid in the market.