- 2 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 5 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
New Mahindra SUVs will join after the XUV 300, in the wake of the new partnership between Mahindra & Mahindra and Ford India. It has been officially confirmed that the B-segment and C-segment SUVs are codenamed W601 and W605, respectively.
UPDATE: Mahindra Automotive has launched the XUV300 at a compelling starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh ex-showroom (India) — click here to know all the details (including variant-wise pricing).
The partnership between either brand was announced back in September 2017. Aimed to produce a profit of more than a billion US dollars, the Mahindra-Ford partnership will be beneficial for both entities and a strong challenge to their common competitors — know more about the partnership here.
Coming back to the new Mahindra-Ford SUVs, sources suggest that the C-segment W601 SUV will be positioned between the Ford EcoSport and Endeavour. The W601 will be based on the next-generation Mahindra XUV 500 which is currently under development.
On the other hand, the Mahindra-Ford W605 is still in the planning stage, and more details will surface in the coming months. Both SUVs will be manufactured in Mahindra's Chakan facility. Even an electric vehicle based on a new architecture co-developed by the brands, is under development. If rumours are to be believed, it will be an all-electric sibling to the Ford Aspire.
Mahindra has got a good stronghold in the SUV segment in India and has a variety of architecture derivations for their portfolio. Meanwhile, Ford's B-segment architecture (underpins the Ford EcoSport) for a monocoque SUV is quite beneficial for Mahindra's future products.
As of now, the Indian automaker is readying the launch of the new XUV 300; a sub-four-metre compact-SUV based on the SsangYong Tivoli. Bookings for the XUV 300 have already begun and will be launched on February 15.
Regarding the power plant, the Mahindra XUV 300 will be powered by either a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol unit or a 1.5-litre diesel (the same unit which powers the Marazzo MPV). The exact output figures are yet to be announced. Transmission choices would be a six-speed manual or an automatic.
Thoughts On The New SUVs Under Mahindra-Ford Partnership
Mahindra has had an aggressive market strategy in the previous year, with the launch of new models such as the Marazzo, Alturas G4, etc. Ford India has also upped their game by introducing fun-to-drive value-for-money products. The new W601 and W605 SUVs seem to promise a lot, and we just have to wait a bit to know more details.