- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
The spy pictures from Rushlane reveals the XUV300 and the next-gen Thar testing together. The 2020 Thar test mule was completely camouflaged as seen from the spy pics.
The next-gen Mahindra Thar has been spotted many times across Indian in production ready guise. With extensive testing being done on the Mahindra's model range, we expect the company to be in the last stage of testing before they prepare for launch of BS-VI variants next year.
The new platform featured on the new Thar is based on the outgoing models of the TUV300 and the Scorpio. As a result, the next-gen Mahindra Thar will be longer, wider and taller compared to the current generation of the Thar.
The 2020 Thar will also feature some manufacturing revisions to make the off-roader comply with the new crash test norms that will come into effect on October 2019. The new-gen off-roader will also feature a more rigid and impact resistance shell.
We expect the 2020 Thar to feature a new BS-VI compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 140bhp. The new diesel will be shared between other models in the company's line-up including, the new Scorpio and the next-generation XUV500.
The new engine will come mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox which will send power to rear wheels as standard. Other mechanicals like a four-wheel-drive selector and a low-range gearbox unit will be carried forward from the outgoing model.
Interiors of the new-generation Thar will be revised, adding to a pleasant cabin feel. The expected changes to the interiors includes, a touchscreen infotainment display, a new steering wheel and a new dashboard. The rear seats will be made forward facing, too.
The deadline for new emission norms is on April 1st, 2020. By then all the auto manufacturers will have to make their vehicles comply with the new emission norms. Also, the petroleum manufactures will work on the availability of BS-VI fuel across the country, starting next year. As a result, most automotive manufacturers are looking to launch their BS-VI compliant models, early next year.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 and 2020 Thar BS-VI Variants Spied
The XUV 300 is currently doing good in numbers for the company, and the revision will be limited to BS-VI engine and minor changes. However, the 2020 Thar will be an all-new off-road SUV featuring many interior and exterior changes. The 2020 Thar will be more spacious, as compared to the outgoing model of the Thar, thanks to the new platform.
The only rival for the off-roader in the segment would be the Force Gurkha, which also will be revised for 2020 with a BS-VI compliant engine and new interiors. The off-road enthusiast is sure to get a kick out of two versions, when launched next year.