- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News RRB Railways Paramedical Recruitment provisional final list 2019 released: What next
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Weekend Updates: None Eliminated; Inmates Emotional As Ravi Belagere Bids Adieu
- Technology Diwali Offer: Buy vivo Smartphones For Rs. 101 Down Payment At Offline Stores
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The spy pictures from Rushlane reveals the XUV300 and the next-gen Thar testing together. The 2020 Thar test mule was completely camouflaged as seen from the spy pics.
The next-gen Mahindra Thar has been spotted many times across Indian in production ready guise. With extensive testing being done on the Mahindra's model range, we expect the company to be in the last stage of testing before they prepare for launch of BS-VI variants next year.
The new platform featured on the new Thar is based on the outgoing models of the TUV300 and the Scorpio. As a result, the next-gen Mahindra Thar will be longer, wider and taller compared to the current generation of the Thar.
The 2020 Thar will also feature some manufacturing revisions to make the off-roader comply with the new crash test norms that will come into effect on October 2019. The new-gen off-roader will also feature a more rigid and impact resistance shell.
We expect the 2020 Thar to feature a new BS-VI compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 140bhp. The new diesel will be shared between other models in the company's line-up including, the new Scorpio and the next-generation XUV500.
The new engine will come mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox which will send power to rear wheels as standard. Other mechanicals like a four-wheel-drive selector and a low-range gearbox unit will be carried forward from the outgoing model.
Interiors of the new-generation Thar will be revised, adding to a pleasant cabin feel. The expected changes to the interiors includes, a touchscreen infotainment display, a new steering wheel and a new dashboard. The rear seats will be made forward facing, too.
The deadline for new emission norms is on April 1st, 2020. By then all the auto manufacturers will have to make their vehicles comply with the new emission norms. Also, the petroleum manufactures will work on the availability of BS-VI fuel across the country, starting next year. As a result, most automotive manufacturers are looking to launch their BS-VI compliant models, early next year.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 and 2020 Thar BS-VI Variants Spied
The XUV 300 is currently doing good in numbers for the company, and the revision will be limited to BS-VI engine and minor changes. However, the 2020 Thar will be an all-new off-road SUV featuring many interior and exterior changes. The 2020 Thar will be more spacious, as compared to the outgoing model of the Thar, thanks to the new platform.
The only rival for the off-roader in the segment would be the Force Gurkha, which also will be revised for 2020 with a BS-VI compliant engine and new interiors. The off-road enthusiast is sure to get a kick out of two versions, when launched next year.