- 21 min ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- Technology Google Sodar Tool Uses Augmented Reality To Remind Users To Maintain Social Distance
- Movies KV Anand Quashes Rumours Of Teaming Up With Suriya For Ayan Sequel!
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- News To show solidarity with frontline workers, Odisha to sing state song at 5:30 today
- Lifestyle Dhumavati Jayanti 2020: Vrat Katha For This Festival
- Finance SEBI Extends Power Of Attorney Ruling Implementation Timeline To August 1
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The new-generation Mahindra Thar has been spotted over and over again during testing since the beginning of this year. The SUV will most likely be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. Rumor ha it that the next-gen Mahindra Thar could possibly arrive with an automatic gearbox.
It has been reported that the next-gen Mahindra Thar will feature a new advanced platform. From the spy pictures, the SUV seems much bigger and wider than the current generation that is available.
Image courtesy: CarBlogIndia
The new Mahindra Thar will continue to feature the Jeep inspired seven slat grille. It will also feature the traditional, and now classic, round headlamps on either side. However, this time around, we expect the SUV to feature projector units with LED's and DRLs as well. The front wheel arches have been positioned quite high.
The new generation Mahindra Thar will continue to feature a soft-top canopy covering the roof, rear and side sections of the vehicle. The tail lamps too look like temporary units and the production version could feature an updated set of tail-lamps. The Thar will also continue with the side-facing bench seats staying true to its off-road SUV purposes.
The biggest changes on the Mahindra Thar are expected on the interiors. The new Mahindra Thar is set to feature a new dashboard and also an infotainment system — the first for the Thar. Upgraded and newer instrument clusters are expected, and we also expect the SUV to feature upmarket upholstery.
As is, there is no information about the engine that the new Mahindra Thar will feature.
What is clear is that when launched, the Mahindra Thar will feature a BS-VI compliant engine. We expect the engine to be a 2.0L, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 140bhp of power.; mated to a manual gearbox. The automatic transmission will be offered as an optional.
The Mahindra Thar is currently available three diesel variants. The SUV is priced between Rs 6.72 lakh and Rs 9.49 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar And The Possibility Of It Featuring An Auto Gearbox
The Thar is an off-road vehicle. We're not entirely sure why Mahindra is thinking of launching the vehicle with an automatic gearbox. It does very well with a manual transmission. Maybe its just a rumor. Who knows. I guess we will have to wait.