- 2 hrs ago Renault To Stop Small Capacity Diesel Engines — Upgrade To BS-VI Too Costly
- 3 hrs ago 2019 Mahindra Mojo ABS Images & Details Leaked Ahead Of Its Launch
- 20 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 20 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- News Unrest grips WB's Bhatpara again, 1 killed & 3 injured in the conflict
- Sports ICC World Cup 2010: Paul Adams questions Kane Williamson's ethics for not walking out after getting edge
- Movies Akshay Kumar Would've Been DISAPPOINTED If Any Other Actor Recreated 'Tip Tip Barsa Paani'!
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 8 Yoga Poses To Help Cure Insomnia
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Fold To Soon Hit Markets After Being Called Back
- Finance DBS Lowers India's GDP Growth Projection For FY20 To 6.8%
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The new-generation Mahindra Thar has been spotted over and over again during testing since the beginning of this year. The SUV will most likely be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. Rumor ha it that the next-gen Mahindra Thar could possibly arrive with an automatic gearbox.
It has been reported that the next-gen Mahindra Thar will feature a new advanced platform. From the spy pictures, the SUV seems much bigger and wider than the current generation that is available.
Image courtesy: CarBlogIndia
The new Mahindra Thar will continue to feature the Jeep inspired seven slat grille. It will also feature the traditional, and now classic, round headlamps on either side. However, this time around, we expect the SUV to feature projector units with LED's and DRLs as well. The front wheel arches have been positioned quite high.
The new generation Mahindra Thar will continue to feature a soft-top canopy covering the roof, rear and side sections of the vehicle. The tail lamps too look like temporary units and the production version could feature an updated set of tail-lamps. The Thar will also continue with the side-facing bench seats staying true to its off-road SUV purposes.
The biggest changes on the Mahindra Thar are expected on the interiors. The new Mahindra Thar is set to feature a new dashboard and also an infotainment system — the first for the Thar. Upgraded and newer instrument clusters are expected, and we also expect the SUV to feature upmarket upholstery.
As is, there is no information about the engine that the new Mahindra Thar will feature.
What is clear is that when launched, the Mahindra Thar will feature a BS-VI compliant engine. We expect the engine to be a 2.0L, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 140bhp of power.; mated to a manual gearbox. The automatic transmission will be offered as an optional.
The Mahindra Thar is currently available three diesel variants. The SUV is priced between Rs 6.72 lakh and Rs 9.49 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar And The Possibility Of It Featuring An Auto Gearbox
The Thar is an off-road vehicle. We're not entirely sure why Mahindra is thinking of launching the vehicle with an automatic gearbox. It does very well with a manual transmission. Maybe its just a rumor. Who knows. I guess we will have to wait.