- 14 min ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- Technology Oppo Reno4 Series Launch Date Set For June 5
- Movies KV Anand Quashes Rumours Of Teaming Up With Suriya For Ayan Sequel!
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- News To show solidarity with frontline workers, Odisha to sing state song at 5:30 today
- Lifestyle Dhumavati Jayanti 2020: Vrat Katha For This Festival
- Finance SEBI Extends Power Of Attorney Ruling Implementation Timeline To August 1
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mahindra is said to be working on updating a number of its models in the Indian market. One of the models expected to receive an update is the Scorpio SUV. Mahindra is planning to launch the next-generation version of the Mahindra Scorpio in India soon.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the new Mahindra Scorpio has been spied testing for the first time. The next-gen Mahindra Scorpio is slated to go on sale in the market sometime next year, along with the 2020 Mahindra Thar.
According to Autocar India, the all-new Mahindra Scorpio comes with completely new design and will be based on an updated version of the ladder-frame chassis. The new Mahindra Scorpio, codenamed Z101 will also get completely fresh set of body panels and will feature a more upright silhouette compared to the current model.
As seen from the spy pics, the new Mahindra Scorpio will come with a more upright nose and grille up front. Although completely camouflaged, the new Scorpio looks to have a longer wheelbase compared to the current generation model.
The new generation Mahindra Scorpio will however continue to sport thick bumpers at the front and back, offering a more muscular and imposing look. The new Scorpio will also come equipped with all the safety features as well as being compliant with the upcoming crash test norms of October 2019.
Apart from the completely fresh exterior design, Mahindra will also equip the new Scorpio with brand new interiors as well. However, there is no confirmation or news regarding the exact kind of updates the Scorpio will receive to its cabin. It will however feature a third-row which will be forward facing.
Powering the new Mahindra Scorpio will be a brand-new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine. The new engine is said to churn out 170bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine will initially come mated to a six-speed manual, with the optional automatic gearbox introduced at a later stage.
The new engine will also be available in a number of states-of-tune. It will also be used to power other upcoming models from Mahindra including the XUV500 and the Thar. Both the new models (XUV500 and Thar) are being developed by Ford, as part of the Mahindra-Ford partnership for the Indian market.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Scorpio
The new Mahindra Scorpio is expected to offer a completely fresh design and features compared to the current model on sale. Once launched in the Indian market, the next-generation Mahindra Scorpio will continue to rival the same competitors in the segment, although we can expect it to be priced slightly higher. We also expect Mahindra to showcase all-three next-gen models of the Scorpio, Thar and XUV500 at the 2020 Auto Expo.