- 1 hr ago Renault To Stop Small Capacity Diesel Engines — Upgrade To BS-VI Too Costly
- 2 hrs ago 2019 Mahindra Mojo ABS Images & Details Leaked Ahead Of Its Launch
- 18 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 19 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: England's Root relishing 'ridiculous' Morgan WC fireworks
- Technology Motorola One Vision: The Good, The Bad And The X Factor
- News BJP firm on Fadnavis as CM even as Shiv Sena wants post on sharing basis
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Ex-wife Sussanne Khan DEFENDS Him After His Sister Sunaina's Shocking Revelations!
- Finance Jet Airways Shares Jump 40%; Its Biggest Ever Intraday Surge
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Lifestyle The Connection Between Ayurveda And Yoga Explained!
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra is said to be working on updating a number of its models in the Indian market. One of the models expected to receive an update is the Scorpio SUV. Mahindra is planning to launch the next-generation version of the Mahindra Scorpio in India soon.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the new Mahindra Scorpio has been spied testing for the first time. The next-gen Mahindra Scorpio is slated to go on sale in the market sometime next year, along with the 2020 Mahindra Thar.
According to Autocar India, the all-new Mahindra Scorpio comes with completely new design and will be based on an updated version of the ladder-frame chassis. The new Mahindra Scorpio, codenamed Z101 will also get completely fresh set of body panels and will feature a more upright silhouette compared to the current model.
As seen from the spy pics, the new Mahindra Scorpio will come with a more upright nose and grille up front. Although completely camouflaged, the new Scorpio looks to have a longer wheelbase compared to the current generation model.
The new generation Mahindra Scorpio will however continue to sport thick bumpers at the front and back, offering a more muscular and imposing look. The new Scorpio will also come equipped with all the safety features as well as being compliant with the upcoming crash test norms of October 2019.
Apart from the completely fresh exterior design, Mahindra will also equip the new Scorpio with brand new interiors as well. However, there is no confirmation or news regarding the exact kind of updates the Scorpio will receive to its cabin. It will however feature a third-row which will be forward facing.
Powering the new Mahindra Scorpio will be a brand-new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine. The new engine is said to churn out 170bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine will initially come mated to a six-speed manual, with the optional automatic gearbox introduced at a later stage.
The new engine will also be available in a number of states-of-tune. It will also be used to power other upcoming models from Mahindra including the XUV500 and the Thar. Both the new models (XUV500 and Thar) are being developed by Ford, as part of the Mahindra-Ford partnership for the Indian market.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Scorpio
The new Mahindra Scorpio is expected to offer a completely fresh design and features compared to the current model on sale. Once launched in the Indian market, the next-generation Mahindra Scorpio will continue to rival the same competitors in the segment, although we can expect it to be priced slightly higher. We also expect Mahindra to showcase all-three next-gen models of the Scorpio, Thar and XUV500 at the 2020 Auto Expo.