- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 11 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Land Rover unveiled the iconic Defender SUV in the US, earlier this year. Since its global unveil, the 2020 Land Rover Defender has created quite a buzz, garnering a lot of demand in international markets.
Now, carandbike reports that the 2020 Land Rover Defender will make its way to the Indian market as well. According to the reports, the iconic SUV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in mid-2020 (around June).
Land Rover will introduce the Defender 110 (the long-wheelbase variant) first in the Indian market. The smaller Land Rover Defender 90, will go on sale in India later by December 2020.
Initially, the Land Rover Defender will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). However, by late-2021, Land Rover plans to start local assembly of the Defender in India, allowing it to be brought in as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit.
The Land Rover Defender in India will be available with a choice of four variants: Standard, S, SE and HSE. All variants of the Land Rover Defender will come with a host of features and equipment.
The higher-spec SE and HSE further receive additional features such as ClearSight, 360-degree camera, virtual instrument cluster, premium leather upholstery, blind-spot warning and a host of other driver aids.
All variants of the Defender will also come with a host of accessories. Land Rover also offers the new Defender with a series of accessory packages. This includes the Urban Pack, Country Pack, Adventure Pack & Explorer Pack — each of them made to take on different terrains.
The new Land Rover Defender in India will come with a single-engine option. This includes a 296bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol unit, mated to an automatic transmission as standard. The Defender will come with an AWD (all-wheel drive) system as standard.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender India Launch
The Land Rover Defender once launched in India will be priced in the range of Rs 90 lakh for the long-wheelbase variant. The smaller Defender 90 is expected to come with a price tag of around Rs 70 lakh, ex-showroom. The Land Rover Defender in India will rival the likes of the Jeep Wrangler and the recently introduced Mercedes-Benz G350d.