- 1 hr ago Renault Kwid Neotech Variant Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Dual-Tone Paint Scheme & More
- 17 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 17 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 19 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- News Japan's 'Twitter killer' allegedly killed 9 people with their consent
- Sports Shivam Mavi and Kamlesh Nagarkoti: Kolkata Knight Riders' faith in young pace duo pays rich dividends
- Finance PMI: India's Factory Activity Expands At Fastest Rate In 8 Years In Sept
- Movies Dhanush’s Thiruda Thirudi Producer SK Krishnakanth Is No More
- Lifestyle 15 Warning Signs And Symptoms Of Diabetes In Women Above 40
- Technology Mi Band 5 Vs Honor Band 5: Which Makes A Good Choice And Why
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
Land Rover unveiled the iconic Defender SUV in the US, earlier this year. Since its global unveil, the 2020 Land Rover Defender has created quite a buzz, garnering a lot of demand in international markets.
Now, carandbike reports that the 2020 Land Rover Defender will make its way to the Indian market as well. According to the reports, the iconic SUV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in mid-2020 (around June).
Land Rover will introduce the Defender 110 (the long-wheelbase variant) first in the Indian market. The smaller Land Rover Defender 90, will go on sale in India later by December 2020.
Initially, the Land Rover Defender will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). However, by late-2021, Land Rover plans to start local assembly of the Defender in India, allowing it to be brought in as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit.
The Land Rover Defender in India will be available with a choice of four variants: Standard, S, SE and HSE. All variants of the Land Rover Defender will come with a host of features and equipment.
The higher-spec SE and HSE further receive additional features such as ClearSight, 360-degree camera, virtual instrument cluster, premium leather upholstery, blind-spot warning and a host of other driver aids.
All variants of the Defender will also come with a host of accessories. Land Rover also offers the new Defender with a series of accessory packages. This includes the Urban Pack, Country Pack, Adventure Pack & Explorer Pack — each of them made to take on different terrains.
The new Land Rover Defender in India will come with a single-engine option. This includes a 296bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol unit, mated to an automatic transmission as standard. The Defender will come with an AWD (all-wheel drive) system as standard.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender India Launch
The Land Rover Defender once launched in India will be priced in the range of Rs 90 lakh for the long-wheelbase variant. The smaller Defender 90 is expected to come with a price tag of around Rs 70 lakh, ex-showroom. The Land Rover Defender in India will rival the likes of the Jeep Wrangler and the recently introduced Mercedes-Benz G350d.