- 17 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 6 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Sports Khelo India University Games: Maharshi Dayanand University confident of clinching gold in kabaddi
- News Ashraf Ghani secures second term as Afghan president
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Movies Trance: The Official Trailer Of The Fahadh Faasil Starrer Is Impressive And Intriguing
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 Render, Key Specs Surface
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
New Land Rover Defender (2020) has been spotted testing ahead of its expected debut at the 2020 Auto Expo In India. The spy pics from Overdrive reveal a heavily camouflaged test mule testing on the streets of Bengaluru.
The spy pics also reveal a five-door version of the defender without the tailgate mounted spare wheel as seen on the global-spec model. However, we expect the company to feature it on the production spec model.
The global spec model of the Defender 110 (five-door) is offered with a total of four engine options which includes two petrol engines, two diesel engines and a hybrid engine. The petrol engine options are: a 2.0-litre four-cylinder ‘P300' engine producing 269bhp and 400Nm of torque, and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder ‘P400' hybrid-petrol engine which produces 396bhp and 500Nm of torque.
The diesel engine options include 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel powertrains with different states of tune. The lower-spec ‘P200' engine produces 197bhp and 430Nm of torque, while the higher-spec ‘P240' engine produces 237bhp and 430Nm of torque. All engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic torque converter unit. The 2020 Defender also features a two-speed transfer case unit with permanent all-wheel drive system, to suit the off-road needs.
The exterior of the Defender features u-shaped LED DRLs with projector headlamps, square shaped LED tail lights, dual-tone colour with roof finished in silver, silver scuff plates at both ends and more. The Defender with its big bumpers and rugged design, looks ready to take on any terrain.
On the interiors Land Rover Defender comes packed with a host of features and carry the rugged design inside. It features rubber floors to help with muddy boots, with seats made out of fabric and leather combination for maximum durability. Other features include, Head-Up display, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless smartphone charging; among others.
The Defender also feature Land Rover's terrain response system to help maneuver in difficult off-road situations as well. Other driver assistance features on the off-roader include, cruise control, 360 degree 3D surround camera, wade sensing for those stream crossings and driver condition monitoring. The SUV features standard safety equipment as well.
Thoughts About The 2020 Land Rover Defender Spied
When Land Rover comes to mind, we immediately think of the off-road capability that these vehicles possess. The Defender is in the top of the chain when it comes to off-roading, the SUV can climb hills, go down one, cross water streams all day-long without having to try hard. While making extreme off-roading look easy, the SUV also make the passenger feel comfortable with premium features and pleasant cabin feel. The new Defender is sure to be a head turner when seen on Indian roads.