- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Heavy rain, thunderstorms hits Tripura, over 700 people homeless
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Kia Motors is all set to enter the Indian market. The new Kia SUV, codenamed SP2i is scheduled to be unveiled on the 20th June 2019. Ahead of its actual unveil, Kia Motors has released the official design sketches of the upcoming SUV.
The official sketches showcases the exterior design of the upcoming mid-size SUV from Kia Motors. As seen from the design sketches, the production-spec version looks very similar to the SP Concept which was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The front fascia retains a similarly designed set of headlamps, flanking either side of the signature Kia grille. The LED DRLs on the upcoming Kia SUV stretch out from the headlamp cluster, running across almost the entire length of the large front grille.
The front bumpers can also be seen with a large air intake, along with fog lamps integrated on either ends. There might also be a scuff plate on the bottom of the bumper as well. Overall the front profile of the new Kia SUV receives an aggressively designed and extremely muscular styling, further accentuated by the character lines on the bonnet.
The rear profile of the Kia SUV continues with the aggressive and imposing look with a large rear bumper, integrating the scruff plates as well as reflectors on either ends. The rear profile also comes with a stylish looking LED tail lights. There will also be a small spoiler attached to the roof, as well as roof rails, further adding to the sportiness of the SUV. Kia is yet to reveal the side profile and the interiors of their upcoming SUV.
Byung Chul Juh, Head of Kia Styling at Kia Motors Corporation, stated:
"We have created a car which stands out everywhere, from the city to the countryside. Its robust yet sporty design will be matched by a wide range of features and technologies that are universally suited to younger buyers in markets around the world. Our new mid-SUV is a proposition that no other car in its class will match."
In terms of engine options, Kia is expected to offer the new SUV with a choice of two power units: 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units. Kia is however yet to reveal the exact power figures of the engine. Although we do expect both engines to be compliant with teh upcoming BS-VI emissions from the time of launch itself.
Both engine are further expected to be mated to a choice of either manual or automatic transmission units. There are also reports which suggest that, Kia might also introduce a 1.4-litre turbocharged-petrol engine, mated to a seven-speed DCT gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Kia SUV Official Design Sketches
Kia Motors is all set to make a mark in the Indian market, with their first-ever product. Trial production for the Kia SUV has already begun, with a launch expected sometime in September this year. Once launched in the Indian market, the new mid-size SUV from the Korean carmaker will take on rivals such as the Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Tata Harrier.