- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
South Korean auto manufacturer, Kia Motors are considering importing five new models for the Indian market. This includes two EVs (Soul & Niro) along with the Telluride, Sorento and their flagship sedan, the Stinger.
According to ET Auto, Kia is planning to import these models to Indian shores via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route. The models are expected to be assembled at the company's Anantapur plant in Andhra Pradesh.
The Indian government recently updated the import rules in the country. According to the new rules the taxes for import duties have now been reduced to support auto manufacturers in bringing their vehicles either as a CBU or CKD units.
The new import rule also enables the auto manufacturers to import 2500 vehicles through the CKD and CBU channels every year, without the need for homologation. However, the imported vehicles should meet the international automotive standards.
To support the cars being imported through CKD route, the company has set up a separate assembly line alongside the production area of the Seltos SUV. Kia Motors want to target the CKD route as the import duties are half, as compared to CBU route. The company also confirms that the plant can handle manufacturing and assembly of electric vehicles in the same plant.
Kia aims to establish itself as the premium brand in Indian market. They also aim to target the entire price range between Rs 10 lakh to Rs 50 lakh, by launching multiple models from the company's international line-up in the coming years.
To start off the EV line-up in India, the company could introduce either the Soul EV or Niro EV. Apart from electric vehicles, the company also plans to bring in their flagship sedan, the Stinger; first showcased in India at the Auto Expo 2018.
Kia Sorento, the brand's mid-size SUV launch might get delayed in India as the international model is scheduled for a facelift early next year. However, Kia's next product to the Indian market has been confirmed to be the Carnival MPV. The seven-seater MPV is scheduled for a launch next year and is expected to be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Kia made a huge statement with the launch of Seltos in Indian market. The Seltos has already registered over 6,000 units in sales since its launch, making it the best mid-size SUV in the Indian market, overtaking its cousin the Hyundai Creta. The car has also been nominated for the ‘World Car of the Year' Award 2019 —here are the details.
Thoughts About The New Kia Cars Considered For Indian Market
Kia Motors has already created quite a buzz in the Indian market with the Seltos SUV. The company is now looking at increasing five more models in the Indian market, across a number of segments. The company will also planning to import the vehicles via the CKD route, allowing the company to price the upcoming models competitively in India.