- 36 min ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 2 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- 21 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Sports MS Dhoni retirement: This is what Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have to say
- Technology Black Shark 2 Pro Launch Event Set on July 30: Expected To Have Snapdragon 855 SoC
- Movies 'Would Nagarjuna Be Silent If Such A Thing Happens To Samantha Akkineni Or Amala'
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Holiday Style Is So Fuss-Free That You Would Want To Copy Her
- News J&K: PSO of Mehbooba Mufti's cousin shot dead, hunt on nab terrorists
- Finance Reliance Jio Now Has More Subscribers Than Airtel
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Hyundai is working on introducing the next-generation Elite i20 hatchback in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to go on sale in India sometime in 2020. Ahead of its launch, the next-gen Elite i20 hatchback has been spied testing in the country.
As seen from the spy pics released by Motor Vikatan, the new Hyundai Elite i20 can be seen completely camouflaged undergoing extensive testing in the state of Tamil Nadu. The new Elite i20 hatchback is said to receive major updates to both its exterior and interiors.
The new premium hatchback will be updated to the latest design language of Hyundai, something similar to that of the recently launched Venue SUV. The 2020 Elite i20 will receive major cosmetic updates, while also getting a revised engine; complying with the upcoming BS-VI norms.
In terms of appearance, although the spy pics don't reveal much, the international spec models showcase a revised front grille, sharper lines on the sides and an overall more aggressive design. It will also get a new set of projector headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights and fog lamps.
In terms of the interiors, the new Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to receive an updated cabin as well. This might even include the new Blue Link Connectivity function borrowed from the Venue SUV.
Currently, the Hyundai Elite i20 on sale in India is powered by a 1.2-litre Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine, producing 83bhp and 115Nm of torque. It comes mated to a five-speed manual with the optional CVT automatic transmission as well. The diesel engine on the Elite i20 comes in the form of a 1.4-litre CRDi diesel engine which churns out 90bhp and 220Nm of peak torque. This is mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, without any automatic options.
Thoughts On The 2020 Hyundai Elite i20
The Hyundai Elite i20 is one of the most popular offerings from the Korean brand in the market. It is also the second best-selling premium hatchback in India after the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. Once launched, we can expect Hyundai to increase prices of the new Elite i20 by a slight margin. It will however continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo.