- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports India vs West Indies: Highlights: Rahane and Bumrah torment West Indies as India seal first Test in clinical fashion
- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Entertainment Value Of A Film Is Most Important For Me
- News Local truck driver killed in stone pelting in Kashmir’s Anantnag
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai Motors India recently launched the country's first all-electric SUV, the Kona EV in the Indian market recently. The new Hyundai Kona electric is offered with a price tag of Rs 25.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now according to ET Auto, Hyundai is planning to introduce another electric car in the country. The new Hyundai electric car will be India-specific while being priced affordably in the Rs 10 lakh range. The new electric car from Hyundai will also be manufactured in India at the company's Chennai plant. It will also be exported to international markets such as Middle-East, Latin America, Africa and other parts of Asia as well.
Hyundai is already said to have invested Rs 2,000 crore towards the development of the new affordable electric car for the Indian market. However, Hyundai is yet to decide the body type of the upcoming affordable EV, though a mini SUV or a premium hatchback is being considered.
With the Indian government urging automobile manufacturers to push towards electric mobility, Hyundai's decision to introduce electric vehicles comes as perfect timing. Apart from the new electric vehicles, Hyundai is also looking into establishing a battery production plant in the country. This will be similar to both Suzuki and Tata Motors; both of whom have confirmed the development of their plant in Gujarat.
Hyundai is said to be in talks with global partners for the development of the battery plant in India. These companies in consideration include LG, Samsung SDI and SK Innovations and other Chinese companies as well.
Hyundai recently introduced the Kona electric in the Indian market. The Kona electric is the first all-electric SUV in the country. The EV is powered by 39.2kWh battery pack. It also gets a 100kW electric motor producing 131bhp and 395Nm of torque. The Hyundai Kona EV comes with an ARAI-certified range of 452km on a single charge; with the availability of fast-charging technology as well.
Apart from Hyundai, Suzuki is also said to be working on introducing an affordable electric vehicle in the Indian market. The first electric vehicle from Maruti Suzuki will be based on the Wagon R hatchback. The electric Wagon R has already been spied testing multiple times in India and is scheduled for a 2020 launch. Maruti Suzuki recently also confirmed their second electric vehicle for the Indian market will be based on the popular Ertiga MPV — here are the details.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Electric Car
Hyundai is aggressively focussing on the electric mobility segment in the Indian market. They recently launched the Kona EV and are now looking at their second and more affordable electric car for the Indian market. Hyundai is however yet to divulge any information regarding the launch timeline for the new electric car for India.