- 10 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 11 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 11 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Shahid Kapoor Flies High In This 'Trippy' Unabashed Love Story!
- Technology Asus 6Z Vs Other Premium Smartphones Under Rs 40,000
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Honda is all set to introduce the new HR-V SUV in the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the all-new Honda HR-V has been confirmed to launch in India sometime this year during the festive season.
The launch of the Honda HR-V in the Indian market has been in the pipeline for quite a while now. Honda had first showcased interest in launching the SUV back in 2017, as part of the six new models for the Indian market. Among them, Honda also included the Civic, second-generation Amaze and the CR-V, all three of which are now on sale in India.
However, due to the lack of localised components available for the HR-V, Honda had held the SUV back from being launched. Now, the company has finally decided to introduce the SUV, two years after it was first expected.
In terms of dimensions, the Honda HR-V measures 4,295mm long, 1,775mm wide, 1,605mm tall and a wheelbase of 2,610mm. This compared to the segment leader Hyundai Creta is 25mm longer and 20mm larger wheelbase.
Similar to some of its other models in the Indian product lineup, Honda will bring in the HR-V to India via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route. Once introduced in the market, the Honda HR-V will sit between the CR-V and BR-V in the model lineup.
The India-bound Honda HR-V will be the facelift version, introduced in 2018. The Honda HR-V will come with a styling similar to the CR-V while also offering a host of features and equipments. Some of these features include LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED tail lights, 17-inch alloy wheels and even an electric sunroof.
Honda is expected to feature a 1.8-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel on the upcoming HR-V SUV. The petrol engine is the same as seen on the recently launched Civic sedan. Both engine options will come mated either to a manual or CVT transmission.
Thoughts On The Honda HR-V India-Launch Plans
The Honda HR-V once launched in the Indian market is expected to be priced around Rs 15 lakh, ex-showroom. The Honda HR-V will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the upcoming MG Hector. Honda will aim to position the HR-V as a premium offering in the mid-size SUV segment.