- 22 min ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 1 hr ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Son Babil Gets Emotional After Visiting Late Actor's Grave; Says 'Baba Liked It Wild'
- Lifestyle 6 Ways You Can Make Your Eyes Beautiful Without Using Any Products Or Home Remedies
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- News Farmers, soldiers, youth: Opposition opposes for the sake of opposing says PM Modi
- Technology Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini To Reach Distributors On October 5 Ahead Of Launch
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Honda Cars India is said to be working on the BS-VI update to its popular City sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda City BS-VI has been spotted undergoing extensive testing on the Indian streets, under heavy camouflage.
Spy pics revealed by a Team-BHP forum post, showcases the heavily camouflaged Honda city BS-VI model undergoing testing. The new sedan is expected to be showcased at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch sometime around the same time.
The new Honda City is expected to feature subtle changes to its exterior design, styling and other interior bits as well. The new city will also come with updated LED headlamps, revised front grille, LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED tail lights and small revisions to its front and rear bumpers as well.
Inside as well, Honda is expected to offer a number of additional features and equipment, giving the cabin a more premium appeal. The new Honda City model will also have a longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model in the market. This translates to better legroom and overall space in the cabin.
Safety features will also be improved, with the new Honda City BS-VI receiving features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, brake assist, seat-belt reminders, high-speed alerts and a host of other equipment as well.
In terms of engine updates, the new Honda City is expected to carry forward the same set of 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine options, updated to comply with the BS-VI emission norms.
The current generation engines churn out 118bhp and 145bhp on the i-VTEC and 99bhp and 200nm of torque through the i-DTEC units. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional CVT automatic option as well.
Honda is considering offering the diesel engine with the automatic as well. It is also said to be working on a hybrid version of the City sedan to be introduced at a later stage.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda City BS-VI Spied Testing
The Honda City BS-VI model spied testing in India is expected to go on sale in India sometime during the 2020 Auto Expo. Once launched in India, the new Honda City will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Skoda Rapid in the Indian market.