- 10 min ago Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Ather 340 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 1 hr ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 2 hrs ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- Sports Danone Nations Cup and La Liga renew their alliance for grassroots football
- News CBI court remands D K Shivakumar to judicial custody till Oct 1
- Movies Sonam Kapoor: Although The Zoya Factor Is About Luck, Everything Went Wrong While Shooting It!
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Cars India is said to be working on the BS-VI update to its popular City sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda City BS-VI has been spotted undergoing extensive testing on the Indian streets, under heavy camouflage.
Spy pics revealed by a Team-BHP forum post, showcases the heavily camouflaged Honda city BS-VI model undergoing testing. The new sedan is expected to be showcased at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch sometime around the same time.
The new Honda City is expected to feature subtle changes to its exterior design, styling and other interior bits as well. The new city will also come with updated LED headlamps, revised front grille, LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED tail lights and small revisions to its front and rear bumpers as well.
Inside as well, Honda is expected to offer a number of additional features and equipment, giving the cabin a more premium appeal. The new Honda City model will also have a longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model in the market. This translates to better legroom and overall space in the cabin.
Safety features will also be improved, with the new Honda City BS-VI receiving features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, brake assist, seat-belt reminders, high-speed alerts and a host of other equipment as well.
In terms of engine updates, the new Honda City is expected to carry forward the same set of 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine options, updated to comply with the BS-VI emission norms.
The current generation engines churn out 118bhp and 145bhp on the i-VTEC and 99bhp and 200nm of torque through the i-DTEC units. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional CVT automatic option as well.
Honda is considering offering the diesel engine with the automatic as well. It is also said to be working on a hybrid version of the City sedan to be introduced at a later stage.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda City BS-VI Spied Testing
The Honda City BS-VI model spied testing in India is expected to go on sale in India sometime during the 2020 Auto Expo. Once launched in India, the new Honda City will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Skoda Rapid in the Indian market.