- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Cars India is said to be working on the BS-VI update to its popular City sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda City BS-VI has been spotted undergoing extensive testing on the Indian streets, under heavy camouflage.
Spy pics revealed by a Team-BHP forum post, showcases the heavily camouflaged Honda city BS-VI model undergoing testing. The new sedan is expected to be showcased at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch sometime around the same time.
The new Honda City is expected to feature subtle changes to its exterior design, styling and other interior bits as well. The new city will also come with updated LED headlamps, revised front grille, LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED tail lights and small revisions to its front and rear bumpers as well.
Inside as well, Honda is expected to offer a number of additional features and equipment, giving the cabin a more premium appeal. The new Honda City model will also have a longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model in the market. This translates to better legroom and overall space in the cabin.
Safety features will also be improved, with the new Honda City BS-VI receiving features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, brake assist, seat-belt reminders, high-speed alerts and a host of other equipment as well.
In terms of engine updates, the new Honda City is expected to carry forward the same set of 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine options, updated to comply with the BS-VI emission norms.
The current generation engines churn out 118bhp and 145bhp on the i-VTEC and 99bhp and 200nm of torque through the i-DTEC units. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional CVT automatic option as well.
Honda is considering offering the diesel engine with the automatic as well. It is also said to be working on a hybrid version of the City sedan to be introduced at a later stage.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda City BS-VI Spied Testing
The Honda City BS-VI model spied testing in India is expected to go on sale in India sometime during the 2020 Auto Expo. Once launched in India, the new Honda City will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Skoda Rapid in the Indian market.