- 12 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Movies Happu Ki Ultan Paltan’s Sanjay Choudhary Gets Mugged In Broad Daylight, Actor Narrates His Ordeal!
- Sports Tottenham 1-1 Newcastle United: Wilson penalty rescues last-gasp draw
- News President Kovind gives assent to Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Force Gurkha 2020 3-door version has been spotted testing in India ahead of its launch next year. The spy pics from Rushlane reveal a partially camouflaged test mule testing ahead of its expected showcase at 2020 Auto Expo.
The test mule's heavily camouflaged front-end confirms that the upcoming Gurkha will have a revised front design. We expect the headlamps, front grille, and the hood to be revised with a new design. The three-door version of Gurkha still features a snorkel styled air-intake to help with water wading capabilities.
The rear features a three-part windshield, a tailgate-mounted spare wheel, low-set tail lamps, and a simple bumper, all of which have been retained from the current-generation Gurkha.The sides however feature longer sliding rear windows as compared to the current generation.
The current generation Gurkha's functional yet dated cabin, needs a major overhaul on the interiors to make it look plush. Therefore, it is expected that the company will revise the interiors of the upcoming 2020 Gurkha with a new dashboard design, and a touch screen infotainment system, giving it a modern design. The SUV's interior trims are also expected to receive subtle changes as well, with soft touch plastics to make for a pleasant feel of the cabin.
Mechanically, the next-gen Gurkha will feature a Mercedes sourced, BS-VI compliant, 2.2-litre in-line four diesel engine that produces 140bhp of power and 321Nm of torque. The engine is also installed on the current Gurkha ‘Xtreme' model.
The 2.6-litre engine which is featured on the lower-spec models of the Gurkha, will probably be discontinued. However, Force Motors is expected to make the 2.6-litre diesel engine BS-VI compliant, as it is also featured in the company's ‘Trax' line-up.
Other mechanicals like the differential-axle locks at both ends, low-ratio transmission will be retained on the next-generation Gurkha. This enables the off-roader to tackle any terrain with ease.
The upcoming 2020 Gurkha is expected to go through some manufacturing changes in order to comply with the upcoming new crash test norms by October 2019. This means, the new off-road SUV will be much safer as well.
The Force Gurkha draws its design inspiration from the iconic Mercedes G-Wagon. With its boxy design and small wheelbase, the Gurkha is known for driving through the harshest of terrains with extreme approach and departure angles. The factory-fitted snorkel will also enable the SUV to push forward with incredible water-wading ability.
Thoughts About The 2020 Force Gurkha 3-Door Spied
The current-gen Gurkha has a cult following because of its go-anywhere ability. We hope that the new-gen Gurkha features an all-new cabin to make it look more pleasant on the inside. When launched, the upcoming off-roader will take on its only rival in the segment, the Mahindra Thar. It too shares the same cult following among the off-road enthusiasts as well. However, Mahindra is also gearing up to launch the next-gen Thar based on a new platform.