- 22 min ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Interiors Spotted Ahead Of Unveil On August 15: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Prices For The New CBR1000RR-R Fireblade And Fireblade SP Will Leave You Surprised
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet SUV Review (First Look): Can It Replicate The Success Of its Larger Sibling In India?
- News Delhi sexual assault case: 12-year-old remains critical, may need Neurosurgery, says AIIMS
- Movies Did Vanitha Vijaykumar Take An Indirect Dig At Meera Mitun’s Degrading Remarks On Popular Actors?
- Technology How To Enable 90FPS Mode In PUBG Mobile On OnePlus Smartphones
- Finance Govt To Create 'Social Microfinance Organisation' For Women & Small Businesses: Gadkari
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In August 2020
- Lifestyle A Nutritionist's View On Work From Home And Your Health, And A Sample Meal Plan
- Sports PUBG Mobile's Team Gun Game: Explained with tips and tricks
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
BMW has unveiled their Vision M NEXT electric sports car prototype. The BMW Vision M NEXT previews a glimpse of the German brand's electrified future in mobility. The car draws inspiration from both the BMW Turbo and the i8 plug-in hybrid sports car.
The BMW Vision M NEXT comes with a wedge shaped silhouette, with proper sports car proportions, striking and vibrant colour schemes and gullwing doors. The front is made up of the prominent signature kidney grille, which is flanked on either side by a triangular elements aiding in the air intake both below the grille and the sleek headlights on either ends.
These triangular elements are finished in neon orange a striking contrast to the overall silver paint scheme of the prototype. The side skirts and the rear diffuser are made up of recycles carbon-fibre while the rear also features the same contrasting Orange paint scheme; extending on the rear wheels as well. The rear profile accentuates the horizontal focus on the car with the rear lights made up of Laser wire technology.
The car sits extremely low to the ground, with a smooth flowing design all around, which aids in the overall aerodynamics. The wheels on the Vision M NEXT are 22-inches at the rear and 21-inches at the front.
With the BMW Vision M NEXT, the brand also showcases their two experience concepts 'Ease' and 'Boost'. The 'Ease' experience includes everything from in-car entertainment, rest, relaxation and security while the 'Boost' stands for ultimate active driving experience.
Adrian van Hooydonk, Senior Vice President BMW Group Design, states:
"The BMW Vision M NEXT provides a glimpse into the future of sporty driving. Where the BMW Vision iNEXT illustrated how autonomous driving is set to transform life on board our vehicles, the BMW Vision M NEXT demonstrates how state-of-the-art technology can also make the experience of driving yourself purer and more emotionally engaging. In both models, the focus is firmly on the people inside. Design and technology make the 'EASE' and 'BOOST' experiences more natural and more intense."
Domagoj Dukec, Vice President BMW Design, states:
"The BMW Vision M NEXT is a progressive hybrid sports car that makes a very clear and confident statement, in terms of both appearance and interaction."
"The entire interior is focused on the BOOST Pod. The geometry has a deliberately low-key feel so that the driver can concentrate fully on the driving experience."
"In the BMW Vision M NEXT, intelligent technologies help the driver and deliver the right content at the right time. Operation is clear and intuitive, with all the information presented in the driver's direct field of view. This is a deliberate counterpoint to the BMW Vision iNEXT, which focused on multimodal operation from every seat."
The BMW Vision M NEXT comes powered by a PHEV drive system in either an electric all-wheel drive or a pure rear-wheel drive system. The Vision M NEXT also comes with a choice between a four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine or a fully-electric motor. The power output of the Vision M NEXT stands at 600bhp, allowing the car to sprint from 0 to 100km/h in just 3 seconds, while reaching a top-speed of 300km/h. In the all-electric driving mode, BMW claims a maximum range of 100km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The BMW Vision M NEXT
The BMW Vision M NEXT showcases the future of electrification from the brand. The Vision M NEXT is a completely radical design. It also gives us a brief insight of what to expect out of cars in the future, once world goes electric.