- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News Kerala Lottery Karunya KR-436 today lottery result LIVE
- Movies Bheeshma Day 1 Collection: Nithiin, Rashmika Mandanna Starrer Creates Magic At The Box Office
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
The Mini John Cooper Works (Mini JCW) Facelift will be launched in India on 9 May 2019. BMW first revealed the Mini John Cooper Works Facelift in the December of 2018.
While we're unsure what models of the Mini John Cooper Works will make it the Indian market, speculation is that there will be two variants. One the hardtop, and the other, a convertible. The 2019 Mini JCW will feature a 2-litre turbo-petrol engine. This engine will produce a massive 231bhp of power, and 320Nm of torque. The engine may be mated to either an 8-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission. We suspect on the automatic variants will make it to India.
17-inch alloy wheels, rain-sensing vipers, leather bucket seats, all LED head lamps, a 'Union Jack' motif set of LED tail-lights, ABS, cornering ABS, Anti-Crash Technology, Electronic Stability Control, and a new fuel particulate filter are some features that are expected to be offered as a standard. The new particulate filter is part of the sport exhaust mounted on the Mini John Cooper Works Facelift. This new filter adds to the throaty sound of the exhaust note but does not affect performance of the Mini. The 2019 Mini JCW Hardtop does 0-100kmph in 6.3 seconds, while the 2019 Mini JCW Convertible doe it in 6.6 seconds.
The 2019 Mini John Cooper Works is expected to be priced at roughly Rs 40 lakh, and will compete against the Mercedes A-Class and the Volvo V40.
BMW offers the Mini in four models in India. These are the Mini Cooper, Mini Countryman, Mini Cooper Convertible, and the Mini Clubman. Prices for these models vary between Rs 29.70 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 41.40 lakh (ex-showroom, India)
Thoughts On The Mini John Cooper Works Launching In India
Well, Mini's have always been one our favorites and we're looking forward to driving this particular model. The Mini John Cooper Works line are spectacular performance machines! We want!
John Cooper Works is a British company based in Hampshire. It was founded by Michael Cooper, the son of racing legend John Cooper. John Cooper was a co-founder at the Cooper Car Company, and is the grand-daddy of the rear-engined chassis design. John Cooper Works (JCW) currently manufactures tuning parts and accessories for BMW's Mini.