- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Movies Mafia Day 1 Collection: Arun Vijay, Prasanna Film Makes Good Business At Box Office
- News Trump’s Marine One, mammoth SUV arrives in Ahmedabad
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
MINI has launched the Countryman Black Edition In India. The Countryman Black Edition is priced at Rs 42.40 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new edition is based on the Cooper S JCW (John Cooper Works), with only 24 units available across the country.
The new edition carry 1 lakh premium over the standard model, and feature a host of cosmetic changes. This include blacked out grille, carbon fiber exterior mirror caps, piano black headlamps, and tail-lamps trims.
Other exterior changes include, ‘Countryman' lettering badge in piano black, roof rails finished in black, bonnet stripes in black, an 18-inch JCW alloy wheels with run-flat tyres, and JCW aerodynamic package.
The limited edition Countryman Black features several changes on the inside as well. This includes, a panoramic glass roof, JCW sport steering wheel, JCW Trims with door entry strips and stainless steel pedal covers, MINI head-up display, piano black illuminated trims, sport seats for driver and front passenger finished in carbon black and a Harman Kardon sourced audio system.
Other interior features carried from the standard model include, dual-zone climate control, an 8.8-inch infotainment system with navigation, electric powered seats with memory function at the front, Bluetooth connectivity, wireless charging; among others.
Apart from this the car remains mechanically unchanged, and will continue to be powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 189bhp and 280Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed sport steptronic automatic transmission as standard. The MINI Countryman can accelerate from a stand-still to 100kmph in 7.5 seconds.
The safety package on the limited edition car is carried from the standard model. This includes airbags on the front, rear camera with parking sensors, ABS with brake assist, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), and Cornering Brake Control.
John Cooper Works
John Cooper Works (JCW) is a racing car maker and tuner company based out of the United Kingdom, in Hampshire. The company was founded in 2002 by Michael Cooper, son of John Cooper. John Cooper became an auto racing legend with his rear-engine chassis design that changed the motor sport in highest levels, including the Formula One and the Indianapolis 500. The company is currently owned by BMW, and produce tuning parts and accessories for new Mini.
Thoughts About The MINI Countryman Black Edition Launched In India
MINI has introduced a new limited version of the Countryman with all-black interiors and exteriors. The company aims to boost sales by offering a special edition this festive season in limited numbers. The Countryman Black Edition looks exquisite with piano black touches across the variant. The limited edition is based on the John Cooper Works model of the standard Countryman and things could get better than this.