- 5 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 5 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News Army was ready for conventional war with Pakistan after Balakot: Report
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Formula 3 reigning champion Mick Schumacher clocked the second fastest time at the official Bahrain testing event. Red Bull's Max Verstappen was fastest. The 20-year-old took to the circuit for the first time in a Formula 1 car and said he throughly enjoyed the experience. The Ferrari Development Academy signed the son of racing legend and seven time Formula 1 champion, Michael Schumacher earlier this year. And he appeared comfortable performing in red.
"I really enjoyed today." he told Ferrari's official website. "It felt like home in the garage from the very first moment with a lot of people that know me since I was very young."
Schumacher said he was impressed with the power, smoothness and braking capabilities of Ferrari's SF90 car. "It seemed to me you could brake later and later and the car would have made the turn anyway."
Schumacher was aiming to set the fastest time on Tuesday until Verstappen happened. The Dutchman was 0.6 seconds faster that Mick and clocked 01 minute and 29.379 seconds.
Although Mick Schumacher was happy with his first drive during the test event, his best lap was still over two seconds slower than Charles Leclerc's. Charles won pole position in the Bahrain GP over the weekend.
Mick Shumacher's manager Todt said that whilst Shumacher wanted to drive in Formula 1, he was in no hurry. "There is no need to be in a hurry," he told Sky Sports. "What is important is for Mick to hopefully one day, hopefully not too late, to reach Formula One and to be there for many years. His goal is not to be as soon as possible in Formula One but about reaching Formula One as a very prepared man, like Charles Leclerc has done. The first time for him to be in a Formula 1 car, in a red car, Ferrari, it means a lot to the family and many fans to see the Schumacher name in a red car. Like Charles, he's entering the Ferrari Academy, which is a great thing for Mick to be part of the Ferrari family. He's already in Formula 2 and has got great support."
Meanwhile Schumacher told reporters that Ferrari felt like being "at home".
What we Think About Mick Shumacher Driving Along With Charles Leclerc
Well Shumacher is his father's son. He may have the second place on the grid but that won't stop him from winning. He maybe the "Future Seven Time Formula 1 Champion" and what's more is he racing in red.
The German is the current Formula 3 champion and made his Formula 2 debut last weekend. He will test the Alfa Romeo F1 car-who Ferrari have a partnership with on Wednesday.