- 11 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift BS6 Model To Be Unveiled At Auto Expo
- 13 hrs ago New TVS Electric Scooter Launch Highlights: Brand's First Electric Scooter To Rival The Ather 450
- 15 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai Tucson Facelift BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- News Republic Day 2020 LIVE: India all set to celebrate country’s diversity
- Technology Best Budget PopUp Camera Smartphones In India
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Says Shooting For Malang Reminded Him Of His Younger Days In Goa
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Lifestyle Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
MG Motor India has unveiled the ZS EV for the Indian market. The ZS EV is MG's second product offering in the Indian market and will be put on sale alongside the successful MG Hector.
The electric SUV will be launched in the Indian market in January 2020 and prices too will be revealed then. Now though, at an event in Delhi, MG Motor India has revealed the India-spec version of the SUV.
It will be called the ZS EV only in the Indian market while it is called the MG eZS in several other international markets. The MG ZS EV is a premium all-electric SUV that is powered by a 44.5kWh battery pack.
The front wheels are driven by an electric motor with a maximum power output of 141bhp. In terms of range, the MG ZS EV can do 340 kilometres on one full charge and speaking of charging, it can be charged from 0-80 percent in lesser than an hour when fast charger is used.
It can also be charged using a normal wall-socket-powered charger. This mode of charging can be used for overnight charging applications. MG is providing five different methods to charge the MG ZS EV.
In terms of design, the MG ZS EV looks sedate and calm and dependable, which are good qualities for an EV to have. Up front is the signature MG grille design flanked by projector headlamps. A small portion of the grille opens up to reveal the charging port, which is really cool. The headlamps also come with LED DRLs.
It features a few character lines on the side of the SUV, and it rides on stylish 17-inch alloy wheels. The MG ZS EV comes with premium interiors. The interiors are decked in black and the dashboard is made of premium materials.
It features aluminium trim at all the right places and taking centre place on the dashboard is an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit. This is the i-Smart 2.0 connected infotainment system. It features Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, navigation, reverse/parking camera, etc.
Other important features of the MG ZS EV are automatic climate control, heated front seats, electrically adjustable driver's seat, etc. MG Motor is not the first one to launch a premium electric SUV in India, but the company has taken the needs of the Indian market seriously.
In November, MG Motor set up India's first 50Kw fast charging station in partnership with Fortum. The very first fast-charging station was setup in Gurugram and there are more to follow in South Delhi, West Delhi and Noida.
These fast-charging stations would also be setup at MG dealerships in six other cities including Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai. The fast-chargers will be open for use by other EVs as well.
Prior to this, MG Motor had partnered with eChargeBays to provide household infrastructure to charge the ZS EV. MG Motor India will launch the ZS EV in India in January 2020 and aims to sell 3,000 units of the electric SUV.
Thoughts On MG ZS EV Being Revealed For The Indian Market
MG Motor certainly has big plans for the Indian market. It is a bold move to launch a premium electric SUV in a market which is already in a slowdown. It is an even bigger risk when one considers the fact that the brand only has the Hector on sale in India, which is again an SUV.
Well, we certainly hope the risk pays off and the ZS EV becomes a grand success in India. As for prices, we expect it to be priced around Rs 22 lakh, which is cheaper than the Hyundai Kona EV which is its only competition.