- 2 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 11 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 13 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Movies Nach Baliye 9 Grand Premiere: Fans Loved The FIRST Episode; #BhaiOnNachBaliye9 Trends On Twitter!
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
MG Motors launched the Hector SUV in the Indian market recently. The mid-size SUV from the British brand in the Indian market is offered with a price tag of Rs 12.18 lakh while the top-spec variant comes priced at Rs 16.88 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The MG Hector has already received a good response in the Indian market, with the brand recording over 10,000 bookings within 23 days. The MG Hector is offered with a host of features, many of them are best-in-class and/or segment-firsts.
The MG Hector is available in a range of four variants: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. Each of them come loaded with features and equipment. However, before we got into each variant and the list of features, let's first look into the technical specifications of the MG Hector — here are the top things to know about the MG Hector.
The MG Hector is available with a choice of two engines: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 2.0-litre diesel. The turbo-petrol engine churns out 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and is mated to either a six-speed manual or DCT gearbox. MG also offers the petrol variant with a 48V hybrid motor as well.
In terms of diesel, the MG Hector borrows the engine from the Jeep Compass. The 2.0-litre (FCA-sourced) diesel unit produces the same power and torque output of 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. The diesel unit is mated to a standard six-speed manual, without the choice of an automatic transmission.
We got a chance to drive both the petrol and diesel engine options on the MG Hector recently — here is our detailed review of the latest mid-size SUV in the Indian market.
Now, let's look into each variant of the MG Hector, along with the list of features available:
MG Hector 'Style' (Rs 12.18 Lakh - 13.18 Lakh)
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Welcome Light On Car Unlock
- Cooled Glove Box
- Front & Rear Power Windows
- Power-Adjustable ORVMs
- 60:40 Rear Split Seats
- Front & Rear Fast-Charging USB Ports
- 3.5-Inch Multi-Information Display
- Halogen Projector Headlamps
- Traction Control System
- Hill-Hold Assist
- ABS with EBD
- Brake Assist
- Speed Warning Alert
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
The base variant of the MG Hector is available with both petrol and diesel engine options. However, it does miss out on the Petrol hybrid version, as well as the automatic transmission.
MG Hector 'Super' (Rs 12.98 Lakh - Rs 14.18 Lakh)
In addition to the features on the 'Style' variant:
- LED Headlamps, Tail lights & DRLs
- Silver Alloys
- Inside Door Handles finished in Chrome
- Cruise Control
- AC Controls on the Head Unit
- Driver & Co-Driver Vanity Mirror
- Rear Parcel Curtain
- Follow-Me-Home Headlamps
- 10.4-Inch HD Touchscreen Display
- Steering-Mounted Controls
- Rear Parking Camera
- Front Parking Sensors
- Front Cornering Fog Lamps
The mid-spec 'Super' variant of the MG Hector is available with the petrol, petrol hybrid and the diesel variant. However, it still misses out on the DCT gearbox.
MG Hector 'Smart' (Rs 14.68 Lakh - Rs 15.48 Lakh)
In addition to the features on the 'Super' Variant:
- LED Fog lamps
- Dual-tone Machined Alloy Wheels
- Floating Light Turn Indicators
- Chrome Finished Front Grille Surrounding Accent
- Shark-Fin Antenna
- I-Smart Connected Technology with 100+ Voice Commands
- In-built Gaana App
- Vehicle Status Checkup
- Over-The-Air Updates
- Leather Seat Upholstery
- Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
- LED Front & Rear Reading Lights
- 6-Way Power-Adjustable Driver Seat
- Push-Button Engine Start/Stop
- Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Android Auto
- Premium Surround Sound System by Infinity
- Electric Parking Brake
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
The higher mid-spec variant of the MG Hector is offered with the petrol-hybrid and petrol automatic versions along with the diesel engine option as well.
MG Hector 'Sharp' (Rs 15.88 Lakh - Rs 16.88 Lakh)
In addition to the features on the 'Smart' variant:
- 360-degree Camera
- Heated ORVMs
- Remote Sunroof Open/Close
- Engine Idle Start/Stop
- Regenerative braking
- 7-Inch Coloured Digital Multi-Information Display
- 8-Colour Ambient Lighting
- Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
- 4-Way Power-Adjustable Co-Driver Seat
- Auto Headlamps
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Remote Keyless Entry with Smart Entry
- Sunglass Holder
Thoughts On The MG Hector Variants
The MG Hector is offered with a range of features on every variant. It is priced competitively in the market, rivaling the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500, Nissan Kicks and the upcoming Kia Seltos. Among the four variants available on the MG Hector, we recommend the top-spec diesel trim. This variant provides the perfect balance between performance and handling while also being feature-packed; making it a good value-for-money proposition.